61. tell him

CLAUDIA HAD ALWAYS believed that love was the type of thing only special people were lucky enough to feel - and she never would've thought she herself would be one of those people

That made her think that maybe it wasn't just "special" people who got to feel loved - the people who were extra beautiful, smart, appealing and kind.

Maybe it was every person.

And maybe her time had come.

She had for so long thought so poorly about herself; about who she was as a person, what she looked like and how she behaved.

Because what else was she supposed to believe when everything negative possible was said straight to her face on the regular?

She had for a long time felt like a mistake, a pain in the arse and a complete disappointment; even when her mother and aunt were alive, simply because she never had a dad who loved her.

That was until a boy with brown hair and scars on his face cared about her before he even knew her middle name and her favourite songs.

It all changed when he came along and showed her that she didn't need to stay stuck in her place with her books and her syrup and her pancakes.

She could actually live; and she felt so loved whilst doing it.

And nothing could change that.

She was completely aware of that as she paced back and forth in her dorm, which she had been doing way too much during the past two days.

Pandora then entered the dorm on that Friday afternoon feeling the pure joy of the weekend rush upon her - until she saw Claudia in her anxious state.

"What's going on?" The blonde asked as Claudia continued to pace, anxiously cracking her knuckles in the process. "Why are you so anxious?"

"Homework," Claudia mumbled.

"We both know that's not true, Claudia. You've been like this for days-"

"No shit," said Claudia as she stopped pacing, her face immediately turning into a grimace at that. "Sorry."

"Don't apologise. What's going on?"

"I told you, homework," the girl shrugged. "I'm just a bit overwhelmed with exams, is all."

"Claudia..."

"Pandora..."

"Oh, come on! I know it's something else, alright? Are you feeling anxious about going home? Because if you are you can move in with me, I bet that'd be totally fine. Actually it would even be quite fun-"

"No, thank you," Claudia said with a polite smile. "It's not that. I'm just...thinking too much."

"Thinking too much?" Pandora questioned. "What do you mean?"