95. a sneaky escape

CLAUDIA WATCHED AS the snow fell from outside the window

CLAUDIA WATCHED AS the snow fell from outside the window. She tried to focus on the different snowflakes, watching them drift through the air as the train drove past.

But nothing helped. She was nervous out of her mind.

She was terrified that something would go wrong and that her father would find out that she wasn't at Hogwarts during the holidays. Not that it was very likely because they were set to be careful, but she was still thinking of the worst possible situation.

"You alright?" She heard Peter ask her from where he she sat on the other side of the compartment with Remus' head on her shoulder, since he was still tired after the full moon.

"M'fine," she responded, feeling the weight of three concerned boys looking at her. "Just a little nervous, is all."

"You'll be alright," said James reassuringly. "You'll wear my cloak and then we'll wait till my parents come."

"I know. We just have to be careful, okay?" She said, looking at James and Sirius. "No funny business."

"We can be serious when we want to," said James assuringly.

"Actually, I am Sirius all the time," said Sirius with a grin, receiving a slap on the arm from James. "What the hell was that for?!"

James glared at him.

"Okay, I'm sorry, alright?!" Sirius scoffed. "I'll be so Sirius, I promise."

Sirius grinned at the two, expecting some sort of chuckle or giggle to come from someone, but when no one laughed he rolled his eyes.

"You two are so boring," he sighed, and then Peter let out a small snort. "Hey! He thinks I'm funny!"

"Nope, I think you're an idiot," Peter retorted.

"You wound me, Wormtail."

"Like I give a shit."

"Okay...so, anyway, you're just going to visit your dad, right Wormtail? And then you and your mum will come straight to my house?"

"Right," said Peter, stuffing his face with chocolate. "I'll be there on the 22nd."

"Good," James nodded. "And Moony and his parents will be there on the 23rd, right Claude?"

"Yeah," she said. "They're just going to see some family first."

Claudia didn't listen further to the conversation that was held between the three boys as she - through the window on the compartment door - saw how Nicolas was standing there looking right at her.

She gave him a questioning look, and then she tried to carefully stand up without waking up Remus, doing so to no avail.

"Don't go," Remus said groggily, bringing her back closer to him by taking her arm.