105. father-in-laws & refusals

a/n: 200 k!!! AHHH thank you sm! cryin in the club rn

also, it's halloween...which I think we're all aware of in this fandom. rest in peace lily and james you would've been the most faithful swifties </3

LYALL WALKED INSIDE the guest room where Claudia resided, only to find the girl shoving things into her trunk

"And where exactly do you think you're going?" He asked, startling the girl plenty which only caused him to feel bad and apologise.

"I dunno," Claudia replied simply, continuing to shove clothes into her trunk. "But I'm leaving."

"No, you aren't," Lyall said sternly, picking things out from her drunk and throwing them on the floor, dying inside as he came across some underwear which he distinctly chose not to throw out.

"Stop," Claudia sighed, picking up the things that he had thrown out.

"No," Lyall replied, and so they continued to move in the circle of Claudia throwing things into the trunk, Lyall throwing them out and Claudia putting them back in it again.

"Whatever it is that's going on in your mind right now, you need to stop," Lyall said after a few moments of repeating the same actions. "You're staying here."

"And why should I do that?"

"Because of Remus. Because of your friends. Because of all of us. Including River," he said picking up the cat who was walking around the room and giving River to her.

Claudia surprised the man by placing the cat in her trunk as well.

"Are you packing your cat?"

"I'm packing my cat," she nodded.

"But...she's a cat."

"I know," Claudia sighed, picking her up again. "She can stay here with Remus, I guess."

"Now you're just being foolish. You're staying here."

"You're not my dad," Claudia scoffed, not even caring if she sounded rude because at this point she didn't need to make a good impression on him anymore.

Because she was set on leaving.

Well, sort of set on it.

Because, let's face it, Claudia couldn't leave Remus behind for the life of her.

"No, but I'm bound to be your father-in-law," Lyall said as if it was nothing. "And you're not going anywhere. I'm an adult, and I get to decide that."