146. weddings & hidden cabinets

a/n: TRIPLE update today besties <3333

FOUR MORE HOURS, Claudia thought to herself as she stood by the sidelines at her brother's wedding reception just two days before Christmas

The girl had so far arrived at the manor, spent a few days hidden away in her room, and then suffered through the wedding of Nolan and his new wife who apparently was the very rich and noble sister of Lucius Malfoy, who was another Death Eater Claudia despised.

Claudia was bored out of her mind, yet she didn't really feel like making conversation with anyone there due to the fact that they were all insufferable pricks.

Well, except for Regulus, but he had ignored her every time she had tried to talk to him.

The girl thought back to the last few days in a way of passing the time, and she immediately found herself a little more happy at the thought of the fact that she was going to spend Christmas with the Lupins. That got her through all those past days, and so did the lovely memories of the past month which had consisted of her anniversary date with Remus (which was pretty much one of her favourite days ever), a bunch of Christmassy activities such as building snowmen and ice skating, and also just fun things like Slughorn's Christmas party and the little party that was held by the Hufflepuffs.

However, daydreaming about better times that had been and were to come couldn't exactly make her any less bored, so she decided to opt for trying to make conversation with Regulus again.

Practically sneaking up behind him, the girl found herself growing a bit nervous. They had barley spoken at all in months, and honestly she couldn't remember if he had even said anything back to her all those times she had spoken to him.

Had he even smiled at her witty comments or nodded as she asked him of his opinions about something? She didn't think so.

In all honesty, Claudia wondered if they were even friends anymore. She knew that they had been before. Well, at least she considered him a good friend of hers. It made no sense to her why he would shut her out as much as he did, even if he was sad and lonely.

She just wanted them to be friends again. And, most of all, she just wanted to see him smile for real again.

"Reg," she said, causing the boy to turn around abruptly and look at her with a face she couldn't quite read, before nodding at her politely and then trying to move past her.

However, Claudia wouldn't have that. So, she grabbed his arm and practically pushed him back.

"Talk to me," she said kindly.

Regulus sighed, "What is there to say?"

"How are you?" Claudia asked.

"I'm perfectly fine, how are you?"

Claudia rolled her eyes, "You're lying."

"About what?"

"About you being 'perfectly fine'," Claudia said bluntly. "And probably about your interest in how I'm doing as well."