Chapter 11

I woke up sweating and panting from another nightmare, I looked at the time and saw that it was 7:28 am.

'Still got a few hours of sleep, nice'

Even though we got home late last night, I never slept longer than 4 hours. When I sat up in my bed I felt how sticky I was and how bad I must be smelling, I went to the bathroom and took a cold shower to wash off last night.

It was still weird to sleep on a bed, and take a shower, let alone how weird it felt to go out and dance in a ballroom

'They really made my childhood dream come true'

I smiled at the memories of last night while changing into my outfit.

I did my hair in a bun as Nat showed me to, do not in the mood to do my makeup

I did my hair in a bun as Nat showed me to, do not in the mood to do my makeup. I put on my bracelets and walked out of my room to the elevator, I said hi to Jarvis and asked him to take me to the living room.

Only Tony was there drinking coffee while he was on the phone, but when I walked into the room he quickly hung up.

"Secret lover?" I asked sarcastically walking closer to him, he was leaning on the kitchen counter and I grabbed a plate smiling at him. "That's not what I would call it," He said smiling back and standing up properly while giving me space to do my thing.

"What would you call it?" I said with a curious tone opening the fridge. "None of your business," He said smiling again and I sighed. I made some cereal and ate in peace while Tony was continuing to work on something until he got called again and walked out of the room.

I decided then I stopped eating bread, cereal was so much better, I just hoped nobody would comment on my eating, 'because I was underweight' yeah well, they didn't know how much I was struggling to put anything in my mouth. After a few minutes, Tony returned to the room looking at me all serious.

'Let's just pray it's not about me'

"What's wrong?" I asked him while putting away my dishes when I was done eating. He stood next to me and kept smiling but it was more forced, was he nervous? "Yeah, our boss called, his name is Fury, he knows you're here and he wants some tests to be done if you don't mind," He informed me but he was hesitant.

'Shit'

"What kinds of tests?" I asked him. I wasn't really waiting to be tested again, so it really depended on what they were going to do.

"DNA test, blood test, body exam, your files last name etc." He said without emotion naming the list of things they needed to know.

'Yeah I don't fucking think so'

"I don't think all of those are a good idea, I'm willing to do the body exam if someone familiar does it," I simply said. I wasn't going to romanticize those stupid tests. He looked up at me a little bit... disappointed????

"Why not the other tests? It isn't really a choice to do them, it's the only way Fury lets you stay," He said while looking nervous. I kinda felt bad for him, he was told to do this. They wanted to know who I was, but there was no way I could get to stay when they get their hands on my past.