Chapter 39

When Loki and I arrived on my floor and said goodbye to Bucky Loki looked confused about why we were here.

"I need my clothes that are still in my closet," I said. "You can change with your magic," he said distantly.

"Yeah but sometimes it needs to be in the laundry basket, like right now," I answered not liking his attitude, if he had a problem he should say it. I couldn't read his mind about what he was thinking and he needed to be more open about it.

I got the door open and saw everything was still frozen somehow, not slightly melted... I ignored it and needed to blast the door open because it was stuck, my closet was closed and not frozen, but definitely cold.

I grabbed an outfit and just went back to a waiting Loki who teleported us to his room. We didn't say anything and Loki still wouldn't even look at me, I got irritated and just walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

Standing under the warm water washing myself the night's events played through my head and my nightmare said hello again.

When I was done taking my time and changed into my outfit for the day I walked back into the room wondering what the hell was going on.

Loki was sitting on the chair in front of the window reading his book again I saw he got from the library and saw my own books were there too, they were all in the same bag Loki took, so I grabbed the only fiction I got and started reading as well...

Loki was sitting on the chair in front of the window reading his book again I saw he got from the library and saw my own books were there too, they were all in the same bag Loki took, so I grabbed the only fiction I got and started reading as well sitting on the bed.

I looked up at Loki every once in a while but he never acknowledged my presence, whatever.

After an hour or so I felt like I gave him the chance to speak up, but he didn't break. And I wouldn't do too.

I didn't say anything and just teleported with my book to the living room where Bruce was drinking coffee and Steve reading a newspaper. Bruce got scared at my sudden appearance but calmed down quickly and I just smiled and sat with Steve at the table.

I started reading again irritated and Steve kept looking at me worriedly.

"Tony told me what happened tonight, are you okay?" he asked softly. I looked up and put the book down so I wasn't rude.

"Where is he?" I asked. "He was working all night, what's wrong?" he said.

"Nothing, I'm just wondering how late we would leave," I responded.

"He told me around 10," he answered again still looking at me. "Okay good," I said and started reading again.

"Okay, what's really wrong?" he asked again. I sighed and put the book down again to look at him.

"Loki, Bucky and I stayed up together the whole night here, something happened, I'm not sure which part, but something went wrong and now Loki acts like I don't exist," I explained.

"He'll come to you, don't worry," Bruce said who was still in the kitchen. Steve and I looked at him confused and he got nervous.

"What? he likes her and is a possessive god, if you left him alone he would worry," Bruce explained defensively.