Chapter 40

When I looked around me it was dark and I saw nothing, I didn't even know if my eyes were closed or opened. When I actually got to open them I was in a basement, hiding, I didn't know why but I figured it was a memory coming back.

My body moved and I was just looking with my eyes like a movie screen following a movie, it felt so weird. I was around 18 years old but I didn't know for sure but I just felt like I was.

I went to the living room and saw a woman sitting at the dinner table with her back to me, I held my gun against her back making her gasp for air in shock.

"Where is she," I spoke coldly

"You will never find her," the woman said with a trembling voice

I pressed my gun harder into her skin clicking the safety pin hearing her sob.

"I will," I said and the front door opened and a man walked into the house not noticing me with a little girl around 5 following him inside. I looked behind me and saw them, the man pushed the girl outside and ran away together.

"No!" the woman screamed when she knew what was happening. I shot her and ran after them outside and searched for hours in the area unable to find them.

"You failed, give up bitch," the man in my earpiece said and while I ignored him I went back to the base annoyed.

--------------End memory---------

I shot up from the bed which was empty with my head spinning from the memory overflooding my mind. What the hell was this assignment?

The room was empty and I looked at the clock and saw it was 5 pm already, how did I sleep for so long?.... Loki... I smiled at his stupid ass worried behaviour.

I walked away from the room to walk to Bucky's to check on him, I knocked on the door and heard him say come in. I walked into the room and saw him sitting on his desk painting, when I got closer to him he was painting something dark and cloudy, abstract almost.

"How's your room?" I asked jokingly. "It's great, thanks," he said smiling but still focused

"What are you making?" I asked curiously.

"How'd it go with Loki?" he asked me making me sigh. "That bad?" he said.

"No not at all, it was good," I responded. "Why the sigh?" he asked again.

"Why so many questions snow?" I asked him. "Can't I care about you?" he asked sarcastically.

"Do you ever wish you could forget everything that happened there?" I asked as an answer. He stopped painting and turned around to me thinking.

"I don't know, when I forget I would want to know what I forgot and remember anyways, the truth always comes out," he answered like a poet.

"Why?" he asked when I didn't say anything. "Just, I don't know it's weird to tell you," I said softly.

"We share trauma come on you can trust me," he answered smiling making me chuckle at his stupid ass comment.

"Loki and I were kissing, and, I got flashbacks from being there, and I just felt this awful feeling, I don't know what, and I walked away from him and he got scared and worried, it was a lot," I explained.

"Did you explain it? does he know?" Bucky asked more seriously. I nodded my head in yes.

"Then why are you bothered?" he asked again. "What if I can never have... that without reliving my traumas?" I asked.