Chapter 88

"How long do we have to sit in this car?" I asked impatiently and he groaned hating me again.

It was four hours later but we had to get back to the motel and get my stuff and fight the same agents, we tied them to each other in the motel and bought another night making sure no cleaners would go in to buy us time.

"Wait I don't even know your name," I said and he gave a soft smile.

"Stanley Hall, 23 years old, born on Sunday, December 17th, Sagittarius by heart, and I love mangoes," he said dryly looking at the dark road in front of us as I chuckled after he was finished giving me a side-eye.

"You just gave me your Facebook profile didn't you?" I said sarcastically and he ignored me looking embarrassed.

"I thought you'd be younger than me though, but almost 24... damn," I responded and he looked surprised. "I'm older? how old are you then?" He asked and I sighed.

"22, Oktober 22nd, Libra by the books," I responded and he chuckled. "You're not the extraverted libra type I guess," he said sarcastically and I chuckled saying no back.

We kept chatting and it was honestly cosy in the car, it was pretty big and I bought some snacks from the store near the motel to take with us putting on some music and it was like we were friends on a road trip, but he made me feel at ease.

Physically, Stanley was in pretty good shape. He had an average height with pale skin, a darker type of blonde short hair and blue eyes almost grey so light, but he had a nice square and slim face which made him look like a dushbag but I supposed it was a good thing when you're in Hydra...

"Stop staring," he said not looking at me and I rolled my eyes sighing. I put a marshmallow in my mouth and stared outside at the empty fields around us, for hours we saw the same but now it was pitch black.

I saw another car driving towards us flickering its lights at us making me cautious of what they were doing, it came close honking almost hitting us, I yelled Stanley's name and stirred the wheel to the side avoiding the vehicle.

"What the hell?" I asked yelling and Stanley was catching his breath and I calmed down sitting back against the chair catching my own as he stopped the car.

"You should park the car and sleep for at least an hour, I'll stay up," I said dryly thinking that was a better plan than him being exhausted when we'd arrive there or crash before we'd even arrive.

"No I'm okay, we're halfway there," he said softly wanting to drive again but I pulled the handbrake making us almost crash through the front window, I didn't know we were already going that hard...

Stanley looked at me pissed and I chuckled. "I did not know that that would happen," I said apologising.

He eventually agreed to sleep and went to the bag seat and laid down there under the blanket I brought and some noise cancelers I never even used, the blanket wasn't really needed either since it was already warm inside the car.

All the lights went out making everything outside brighter, I told Stanley I needed to pee and I'll be back and left the car.

I did have to pee so it came in handy, no one was there so that didn't matter, I stood up walking away from the car freezing to death as I looked up to the sky that was brighter than I'd ever seen.

Bruce always used to tell me about the stars and how they were brighter in places outside the city with less light and boy was he right.

After a minute I went into the car being cold hitting the warm air again and hearing Stanley's deep breathing feeling he was asleep. I got out my burn phone from my bag and noticed how Peter found out he could do more than call me with it going crazy with text messages, I felt bad for leaving them though.