Chapter 14

When I woke up I was still laying on the couch, with a blanket covering me, the fireplace was still on but when I sat up no one was in the room. Loki must've left. I sat up and looked around me confused, but then I just sat looking into the fire again, I started thinking about being here and got lost in thoughts.

I really felt how fast I've grown to the people here, Natasha was like the best friend I never had before, Tony and Steve were basically acting like dads all the time, Clint and Thor always acted like brothers and Loki... I didn't exactly know what was happening between us. He felt like a best friend too but different from Nat.

I promised myself not to fall in love when I was younger, and I was still holding on to that, I was warm and happy around these people, but I didn't trust them as much as I would like to do. It also felt really weird how open and nice they were to me, wouldn't they be more careful if they really didn't know me?

Some things went too fast, they put too much trust in me yet they have a kind of fear for the things I say or do. Some choices didn't add up with what they knew about me and it made me suspicious. 

'Stop overthinking'

'Well if I could I would'

'You can, now stop it'

I sat up from the couch and went to the kitchen to drink some water. It also felt really weird how Loki was being more open towards me, than to Tony and the others he was so distant and cold, but I never understood him.

I didn't think I could ever understand him. He can be sweet and caring one moment, and be an ass the next one. But he was showing some sort of attention to me that I didn't understand. It felt more sincere than everyone else though. 

I went to my room after I finished my water, and I also found a bag with marshmallows, and I still needed to taste those like Steve told me before. I laid on my carpet in front of the window feeling the stitches on my torso from the operation.

I listened to music on the speakers and asked Jarvis to play Sufjan Stevens

It was from an album my dad listened to a lot in the evening, I could hear it from the basement coming through the floors, those were the only times I could listen to music for a long time, and I always loved it.

I ate some marshmallows, I liked them, and they were soft like Steve said, they just were too sweet for my liking.

I really was overthinking a lot, when I first got here I was scared, but I warmed up to them out of excitement and because I had nowhere else to go, but now, when I got to know the world, everything started feeling weird.

Like it wasn't real or like I didn't know everything, maybe they already knew me, before they rescued me. I decided I wanted to go for a walk, so I changed into my gym clothes and put an oversized sweater on top of that, I walked out of the building, I didn't see anyone on the way out.

Where even were they?

I walked around the neighbourhood trying to find something like an abandoned building or something. After an hour of walking, I found an entry for an underground gym it was completely empty and was probably used for some sort of fight sport.

I found out there also was a top floor, also an old gym, but this one was more damaged.