Chapter 74

I was sitting in the lab at a table with lots of weird things on it waiting for Fitz to come back. When he did he was with another woman around the same age.

"Celene, this is Jemma she's helping me with our tests," he said introducing me to her. "Hi, nice to finally meet you," she said and she seemed sweet and innocent.

They explained some of the things they were going to do but they were way too smart for me to understand them but I just smiled and nodded.

"I'm just going to have to take some samples of your blood if you can pull up your sleeve for me," she said and I looked at her wondering what she was going to do but I did as she said anyway and looked away to the table as I distracted myself still hating needles.

"Funny, your skin felt uneven but I'm not seeing anything that could indicate why it feels that way," she said and I just looked at her, I wasn't going to tell her and have to drop my illusion.

She didn't look as if she was suspicious of anything and just took my blood and started doing weird science stuff with it.

"Okay, so what are the bracelets for?" he asked looking at them.

"They contain an amount of my powers, helping me to keep control," I explained but he looked confused. "And if you don't wear them? what powers exactly?" he asked both stressed and curiously.

 "I have a kind of energy that just gets out whenever it wants, and I can hear thoughts and feel feeling and without those, I'm constantly overwhelmed with everyone's thoughts and feelings," I explained and he looked shocked and amazed.

"Can y-you... show me?" he stumbled uncertainly and I nodded.

I made a ball of my energy letting it free in my hand feeling that I haven't used it for longer than I was used to, it was more energetic and easier out of control, but I did keep it like that. I made it disappear and he could see the purple light going back inside my arm and I felt it sting.

"That's impressive, how did you get it?" he asked. "What I just showed you just came when I was a kid," I answered.

"And the rest?" "Added with experiments," I said and he nodded almost feeling sorry for me.

He started talking to Jemma and he told her they should check if my powers wouldn't be fatal, I didn't exactly get what they meant but I thought I'd find out eventually.

"Can I have a piece of your skin, not much," she asked and I was confused.

"It's just to look at your tissue," she added and I nodded. She took a see-through thing and a kind of small knife and she put it on my skin taking a piece of skin scraping it away but it didn't hurt.

She put it on the glass and under the microscope as Fitz kept looking at the bracelets.

"Do your powers hurt you?" he asked carefully and I nodded yes and he looked further.

"Do you think you can put them off for just a few minutes so I can put them under the scanner than I can take a look at the technology," he said and I hesitated but did it anyway.

Daisy walked in as I put the bracelets off and handed them to Fitz and my hands started glowing purple for a moment feeling the energy returning fully again taking a deep breath.

"I was already wondering what those were for," Daisy said standing near me looking at my hands. "What about yours?" I asked pointing at her glove kinds of things.

"My powers only hurt me when I use them and these prevent that," she explained and I nodded. I looked at Jemma as she was thinking loudly in smart terms looking at my samples and Fitz who was observing Bruce's design.