Chapter 25

"Celene?"

"Come in," I responded. I was laying in bed for the rest of the day, and it was almost midnight, but I couldn't sleep. Loki walked into the room wearing his pyjama, just some sweatpants and a simple shirt, but something always amazed me with seeing him in simple clothes.

"Are you okay with me being here?" Loki asked. I smiled softly at him. I was still laying down on my bed under a fluffy blanket, it always felt comforting.

"Always," I mumbled softly. Loki dropped his mask a little and he looked worried and closed the door behind him to walk over to me. I patted down on the bed gesturing for him to come to lay down so he did. We laid down facing each other and I could sense he was tense.

"What's wrong?" I asked, it was probably a stupid question to ask him. "I'm just worrying," He responded quietly.

"Tell me your thoughts," I said softly. He took a breath.

"I never knew anything about you, how you came here etc. but neither did you, and it just angered me because I saw how much it hurt you to be lied to..." "And you understood my pain because you felt the same way," I stated. He looked surprised like I wouldn't understand him.

"Yes," He simply said. I just smiled and he smiled too. It was quiet for a moment, just us laying there and it was good. 

"Why are you here? I mean... on earth" I asked Loki and he sighed. "Odin and Thor thought it would be the right punishment," he told me again.

"I know, but why? Why is this a punishment?" I asked again.

"I tried to take over humans because I looked at them as simply mortals who were dumb and I wanted to take their freedom. I always spoke so low about humans that they sent me here to learn how to deal with them," Loki explained.

"Do you still think like that?" I asked wondering if he would actually hate me deep down.

"Sometimes, yes, a lot of humans misunderstand the universe and are just too stupid to comprehend the simplest aspects of life," he spat. "What aspects?" I asked again, I was actually very curious about his thoughts about these kinds of matters.

"Humans can't stand it when someone stands out or is different, afraid of versatility. The word love is misused, they tend to be blind to the problems surrounding them and cast out that what doesn't belong in their perfect world, which only makes it more diverse," he explained. I listened to his voice, but also his story, I didn't really know a lot about simple human life but it seemed about right. I just nodded in response, thinking about what he said.

"What are you thinking?" Loki asked me "Do you ever think like that about me?" I asked him back. Loki looked shocked.

"No, well, maybe, in the beginning, but not after a while, you are one of the reasons I'm understanding humans," Loki told me. I chuckled at him.

"What?" Loki asked fearfully. "I'm not a great example I must tell you, I never had a normal life," I said laughing on the outside.

"Exactly, you gave me a totally different view of a life than what I already knew, you struggle, and deal with it, that is so much more meaningful than being ignorant," Loki said softly.

"You are so cheesy," I joked "I'm not..." Loki said irritated immediately. I started laughing and he started defending himself telling me why he wasn't cheesy which he was.

"I hate you," Loki said still irritated. "I hate you too," I said like it was a compliment.

We just lay on the bed for a while and asked each other questions, like how I was dealing with this and why Loki didn't open up to the others. And guess what, we both just have too many problems to deal with something normally and both had unhealthy coping mechanisms.