Chapter 20

After a long time, it was still 3 am, and time passed so slow when I was bored, so I decided to see if someone would be awake to bother them. I wouldn't bother Steve or Nat when they needed to get up early so let's not risk any injuries...

Tony must be passed out from the alcohol so I skipped checking on him. Thor would be an option but Loki would be jealous if I checked his room first. Clint always slept the longest... And we didn't really have a click yet.

So, first Loki and then Thor.

I went through the halls that were quiet and dark, only hearing the buzzing of electricity. I didn't want to use the elevator afraid to wake anyone up on accident so I just took the stairs, which was a little bit of a struggle seeing it was dark, the only light there was were the emergency lights and the light from outside the windows.

I arrived at Loki's room but I couldn't hear if he was awake, he never made sounds even if he was awake, so I opened the door slightly to check it and saw the light on.

"Who's there?" I heard Loki say defensively. "If I was here to kill you I wouldn't answer to that," I said sarcastically. He just smiled and gestured for me to come in. I sat down on the bed next to him.

I actually got so much more comfortable around him after a while, I just laid down next to him staring at him, it's a thing I do I don't know why but people's reactions are so funny, but Loki never seemed to be bothered.

Loki continued to read his book while I just laid next to him staring at his face, but not in a weird way, I just stare a lot okay. Sometimes my mind is just unable to look away from some point and I am in a sort of trace but I can't physically look away for a while, it's so weird and it bothers people so much. Anyway, we just sat there in silence forever.

"Why are you awake this late?" I asked him softly. "Can't sleep," he answered dryly 

"Why are you here besides wanting company?" Loki asked calmly after forever. I frowned at him questioning what he was aiming for, I always just randomly wanted his company.

"Your thoughts are loud and something is troubling you," Loki said still not looking away from his book. I sighed not being sure if I was able to just spill my gut.

"I'm just wondering about things" I responded calmly. "About what?" Loki asked. "A lot of things" I responded softly. Loki looked away from his book and put it down.

"What?" I asked defensively. "What's wrong?" Loki asked seriously. I just looked at him weirdly wondering what the fuck he meant.

"You're overthinking" He stated as a dumb ass thing. "Of course I am, I always do that," I said jokingly but he kept waiting for a response.

"Well, one of the things on the list is why does Thor keep dragging you away?" I said quietly. "He just wants attention and talk about 'progress' and he keeps informing me on the situation back on Asgard, why are you thinking about this?" Loki simply answered, but I could hear he wasn't telling everything. I just nodded my head accepting the answer on the outside.

"What's next?" He asked like it was a checklist. I chuckled and looked at him. "No one here is telling me everything, or I'm paranoid, but I can feel everyone holding something from me and it's killing me," I said jokingly even though I was being serious. Loki looked caught and sad away from me which only confirmed my answer.

"You don't have to tell me your thing, it's just annoying from anyone else but you," I responded not wanting to push him. "Why am I different?" He asked, another stupid thing.

'Does he think I hate him?'

'That's just sad'

"What? you're like my best friend here, the only one I am... the closest to trusting, and I'm comfortable around you," I responded happily. He just smiled when I was explaining myself to him which only made me chuckle again.