Chapter 103

Two days later

Did you ever come to a point in your life where you thought you had a moment of peace? A moment of silence where the whole world seemed to hold its breath to make space for your lungs to fill themselves with life again?

That was yesterday for me. A quiet day where everyone felt more at ease just wandering around the base. Loki and I spent most of the day in our room as well, watching shows, playing games, me taking naps while he stroked my hair out of my face while I lay on his lap.

It was the eye of the storm, and after a moment of thinking it had passed, the wind tricks you and it comes from behind throwing you off your feet when you didn't know it was coming. Filling the quiet place in your head with the noise of panic and worry.

That was today, or... right now.

It was later in the evening and I had woken up from the alarm and so was Loki. It couldn't have been after 10 with the sun still setting behind the clouds. We were both disoriented but I still was in no condition to fight again, walking to the toilet would already make me pass out from exhaustion 10 minutes later...

Loki made me stay in the bed but I started putting on my sweatpants and hoodie in case I needed to leave the building. I put some straps around my leg with my knife in it also just in case. Loki had already changed into his Asgardian battle armour looking just as concerned as me, but he never left the room. He just stood there ready to fight whoever was coming through the door.

When it did open Loki almost cut Natasha to pieces who was already looking beaten up and out of breath not even paying attention to Loki after she realised the scene in the room.

"You need to get to the lab, there's an isolation pad in there you'll be save in that thing," she said quickly looking serious. I stood up from the bed looking at her confused. I wanted to help, to fight, every muscle in me wanted to run with her.

"Celene, there's a kid who almost sucked the life out of Clint, you need to get yourself to safety," she said and my eyes widened, and so did Loki's. Before I could argue Loki was already dragging me out of the room with his grip on my wrist.

"Steve give Bruce cover or he's gonna blow!" "I need a Toradol shot right now!" "Tony keep your distance!" We heard screaming while we rushed the other way but Loki stopped and turned around looking puzzling. There was a blast and a fire on the other side of the hallway making me gasp and I almost started running already to help them, but Loki held me back with his grip still on my wrist.

"Go," he said looking at me seriously. He knew he was putting a lot of trust in me to get to that pod. He wanted me to save myself and I let out a breath of fear of him going there without me, but he was looking determined.

"I'm going to help them, go," he said again with a clear and deep voice almost ordering me around and I nodded trusting him not to die. I took a deep breath and wanted to turn around. I should turn around. I should. I can't fight. 

'But I can get Toradol' 

I sighed hating myself but I ran to the lab searching for the damn shot while the building was shaking and there were more explosions outside. If I didn't get this shot to Bruce Clint could get into shock, Bruce couldn't help others, they would need cover... I could cover.

I opened the second closet and found it lying in a bag, I let it sip into a syringe and closed it off ready to be injected. I ran back and felt dizzy but I took deep breaths and carried on already seeing the fire across the hall, but it was decreasing already.

I ran across the few flames on the floor and tried to seek Bruce and Clint through the smoke but it was the yelling that made me able to locate them on the other side of the front door seeking cover behind a wall but still sitting in the smoke.