Epilogue

Loki's eyes didn't leave her pale face. His hands still stroking her cheeks as if he was still comforting her. A hand touched his shoulder and he heard Tony say they needed to get out of here. People were probably watching but he didn't think about that.

He felt someone walking closer and standing still next to him but he didn't look up. "I'm so sorry..." Loki's eyes shot up seeing the girl Lilith looking at Celene with trembling hands and teared up eyes.

He was unsure what to feel. He was furious that she killed her, but he could see it wasn't what she really wanted and probably had her dad as a terrible influencer. Even if he was so angry he could snap her neck without hesitation, he didn't feel like doing so.

"I'm never letting them hurt anyone anymore, I promise," she said. Loki's eyes were back to Celene and he wasn't sure whether Lilith was making that promise to Celene or him. She left him alone again and a minute later the trucks left and the people cleared.

When Loki finally looked around him, he saw the police set up a perimeter keeping people away, people who didn't even know her and didn't care. They just wanted to see what tragedy happened to tell the story when they got home.

He saw the avengers talking to the authorities and each other, and then he finally saw Peter, standing by one of the cop's cars alone and holding in his sobs looking at the floor.

"I'm keeping my promise, I'll take care of them," Loki said softly looking back at Celene. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead letting a tear fall down her face keeping himself from crying his eyes out. He gave a soft smile feeling like she would finally have some peace, going to her mother again.

He nodded to Steve who was looking at her but he kept his distance, everyone gave him his moment and he could appreciate that. Steve walked closer and sat next to him. They had a conversation by just looking at each other and then Loki finally felt confident enough to leave her to Steve and give him his moment.

He walked over to Peter who looked up at him confused and nervous. Loki wasn't sure what he was supposed to say to a young boy going through this, seeing something like that happen. Loki took something from his magic pocket and held it in front of him making Peter look even more confused.

"It was hers, she would like for you to have something... She said you were smart so you probably know everything already-" "Thank you... sir," Peter said quickly smiling softly with his red puffy eyes looking into Loki's.

He gave him a soft smile and he handed him the book. Peter started paging reading some bits. It was the book about mental health that she read the most out of all of them and seeing how it distracted Peter, he might like it too.

For the next fifteen minutes, they cleared everything and started carrying her, walking back to the plane. Peter was picked up by his aunt and so Loki left him alone. On the plane, he just looked at her body, to let it sink in that she was really gone.

Everyone stayed quiet even when they arrived at the base. Tony and Steve finally spoke up making an agreement and explaining to Loki they were going to clean her up. Loki would've gone with them if he didn't notice them wanting a moment with her. Damn, Bruce didn't even have the chance to be there to say goodbye...

Loki sat down on the couch in the living room thinking while feeling empty inside, not even having tears. He caught himself not breathing not feeling he stopped.

He heard a familiar noise coming from outside and his eyes widened realising what type of conversation he was about to have, already absolutely hating it. The next second Thor stormed inside looking around nervously. When he saw Loki he quickly walked over so Loki stood up.