Chapter 96

six months later

"Clint, get your ass here!" Natasha screamed from the staircase into the hallway of bedrooms. "Coming!" Clint yelled back and he ran up to her as she stood there impatiently.

"What's it about?" he asked her confused but she held up her shoulders not knowing the answer herself. All she knew was that director Fury was there to talk with them. They walked towards the conference room together where everyone else was waiting already, with Fury standing at the end waiting to begin.

"I didn't want to show you this until we were sure..." he said softly and they all frowned confused. Fury sighed as if he didn't want to say it, he just turned on the screen in front of them playing security footage showing someone killing an important group of men working for the government under the radar. They knew the group, they provided safety for mutants and Inhumans as the only government organisation to work together with shield under the radar.

"Is that?" Wanda said looking at the screen like everyone else and their eyes widened as the entire group was killed within seconds and a laptop and USB stick were taken with probably sensitive information on it.

They couldn't see the entire face because it was covered with a mask, but they recognised the black and purple suit and the eyes above the mask, only visible for not even a second on the camera.

"It's her," Tony said in shock and Nat looked at him in a we're-not-even-sure way. "It has to be!" he said defensively and Pepper put her hand on his shoulder sitting behind him.

"This was the moment we could identify her, but we were able to trace it back to other cases," he said showing another tape of the same suit and mask, walking on a bridge in New York pointing a gun at a car and letting an older woman out of the car firing at whoever else was sitting next to her before she was taken.

They all looked silent and Wanda's hand was covering her mouth partly with sadness on her face as Tony let his drop in his hands leaning on the table again taking a deep breath.

"There's more, but the point is, that she's back," Fury said and Bucky was looking deadly silent in front of him staring at Fury.

"They have her, really have her," Sam said softly speaking for everyone. "Doing exactly what they wanted," Nat said softly looking at the table.

"And she's unreachable, with no sign of Rogers," Fury added and they were all angry, so close but yet so far. "But we can do that, right?" Tony asked scoffing. "It took us a year to find Bucky," Natasha reminded him and he fell silent again.

"Do we even know if Steve's still alive?" Clint asked and they all gave him death stares, none of them allowed to think or say that they were dead, even if they did feel like they could be. He threw his hands in the air defensively.

"He's alive," Bucky said softly and they all looked at him confused. "He's her training probably, being used to test her memory," he explained and all of them needed to push away the images of that happening... her beating him up.

-----Mori... somewhere-----

I put off my mask entering the base again after forever, I spent a few days in America killing some people, taking intel for the big boss making sure no one got in the way, and it all went smoothly. I said high to the man I need to beat up every few weeks for no reason but when he started screaming another name again I flipped him off smiling.

"Mori, mission report," Julian said standing in front of me out of his office and I smiled. "USB was successfully taken, sensitive intel still displayed on the laptop screen, everything done without interruptions, although the ride home was awfully long, sir," I said dryly and jokingly at the end and he scoffed.