Chapter 83

One week later, Monday, November 8th.

It was quiet in the base today while we ate dinner, most of the staff were on a mission with general Talbot for some dumb fucking reason, but I didn't really have a say in it.

The group was on missions most of the time but I grounded myself, to protect them and myself, I'd been talking with Andrew a lot and when Fitz-Simmons were here they'd use every minute to find a way to help me.

They made long days trying to find it, I told them not to fixate on it as much but they wouldn't listen.

"Why do you have that with you?" Mack asked who was sitting next to me, I looked up confused and he pointed to the dagger that was in my strap over my pants for a while.

"I always have it with me," I said dryly looking at him smiling and he looked back at me extremely disturbed, Coulson just looked and May chuckled.

"How're the tests going?" Coulson asked me and I sighed. "I have no idea, I can read their minds but I'll never know what they're thinking," I said jokingly and he nodded with his dry smile.

We talked and ate and when we were done we were all cleaning up until Jemma and Fitz were hurrying in, they came to us and Coulson asked what they'd found. She held up a vial with a liquid in it and I frowned.

"A cure?" Coulson asked and I looked at Jemma waiting for what she was going to say. "Possibly," she said dryly and Coulson looked at me.

"Any catches?" Mack asked standing behind me. Jemma sighed, of course, there were.

"We're not completely sure what could happen because it's never been done before," she said and I sighed, after a moment I looked back with everyone looking at me.

"All I need is possible," I said smiling dryly and she took a deep breath relieved.

I smiled softly but on the inside I was nervous, I wasn't afraid to lose my powers or anything, but coming so close to it and not really being sure what could happen scared me somehow, I hated it. 

"Tomorrow?" Coulson checked and they agreed, so did I. They went away again and I stood there still in the same place and Coulson stepped in front of me looking into my eyes.

"If you change your mind we'll retreat," he said softly and I nodded. "It'll be fine," I said softly and I smiled at him.

"Make the calls you need to make," he said and I smiled sincerely. I thanked him and left them walking to my room still feeling nervous.

I went on my phone and read all the unread messages but called Loki before answering all of them while I sat on my bed with my back against the wall. 

Loki answered the phone and I saw his face on the screen and I smiled, we said hello and I asked him to tell me about what happened in the tower, any news on Bruce, but they were just on and off mission.

"Are you okay?" Loki asked confused as I looked down feeling my eyes sting, I smiled and looked up to the camera again, he asked me what was wrong again and I took a deep breath.

"They found a cure, Jemma and Fitz," I said and he stayed silent for a moment. "I'll be getting it tomorrow," I said smiling wiping away a tear that had streamed down my face along with some others.

"Why are you crying love, it's a good thing right?" Loki asked and I nodded. "I know, it is, it's just that I'm not sure what's going to happen to me," I said softly and Loki's face turned confused.

"What do you mean?" he asked softly. "It's never been done before Loki, they're not sure if it'll work, anything can happen," I admitted softly.

"So you're saying goodbye," he quickly said and I took a deep breath looking at him disappointed.