Chapter 28

"LOKIIIIIIIIII," I yelled very loudly from the kitchen. Loki was still asleep, he probably helped me not to get nightmares, so he slept when he was sure I wouldn't have any nightmares.

I was wearing a nice outfit, and I was wearing tights but I haven't been outside yet, and inside the house it was cool.

But it was now already 12 pm and I made brunch after doing groceries in some little store on our street owned by one of the farmers near

But it was now already 12 pm and I made brunch after doing groceries in some little store on our street owned by one of the farmers near. I made eggs with bacon and made tea. After I yelled Loki appeared in full battle armour behind me in distress.

"Loki?" I asked softly. I looked at his fearful face and started laughing.

"Don't do that!" Loki said back. "I'm sorry," I said still laughing. He changed into his regular outfit and looked at me warningly.

"Glad you're awake," I said still keeping my laughter.

"I thought you were dying," Loki said defensively. "I already said I'm sorry, don't make me lie twice," I said sarcastically.

"Don't test me," Loki said with a dark voice. "Or else?" I asked daringly. He looked hesitating for a few moments before he used his magic on me. I didn't feel different, but when Loki held up a mirror I saw Clint instead of my own face.

"Why not Natasha?" I asked acting hurt. "You would be happy with her face," he said with sarcasm dripping all over. He was right about that, she was so pretty.

"Undo it," I told Loki. "No," he simply said. "But I made food for you!" I whined.

"So I will shorten the spell," Loki said grabbing the plates with food to eat it. I used my magic to lift the plates in the air with Loki's food and brought them to me. It was weird how normal it had been for me to use magic again, and not for fighting.

"Undo the spell and you will have your food," I bargained. "Fine, just give me the food," he told me and I was back to myself. I brought back the plates and Loki looked at me worryingly.

"What?" I asked uncertainly. "You still have so much magic with the bracelets on, how?" he asked. I held up my shoulders because I didn't know, but I grabbed my plates and joined him at the dinner table. We ate our food talking about what we would do today. We still had 4 days here. We were cleaning up the dishes when the bell rang.

"Are we expecting somebody?" I asked Loki, but he nodded his head no, looking just as confused as me. I walked to the door and Loki followed me but didn't go all the way to the door, but could just see if anything went wrong.

I opened the door.

"Hey, sweetheart,"

My heart stopped.

I stopped breathing.

It was like the whole world just stopped, and I wanted to sink through the floor.

I was looking in shock, anger and fear at the man who I called my father at the front door of our vacation home.

"Celene?" I heard Loki say. I gasped for air and slammed the door shut when I got out of my shock, I turned around and saw Loki walking toward me.