Chapter 77

"How did he know you?" Coulson asked. He called me into his office earlier and May was sitting next to me as well.

"I don't know, I've never met him," I said calmly but something seemed to frustrate him.

"How could he know who you are?" he asked again and I sighed. "He said he knew my father, that he talked about me, but that's all I know," I said again honestly looking at Coulson.

"What else did he say?" May asked more calm than Coulson. "I asked him what he was doing here, he said he wanted to get some assets and technology," I said again thinking about the short conversation.

"What else?" Coulson asked stressed again and I sighed. "That's all he said, what his plan was," I said more clear so he would get it.

"You talked for longer to only say that, so what else?" he asked again.

"He only said what my father told him about me, he wanted me to show him my powers, and then he threatened to tell my father where I am, that's all it was about," I said again more defensively making Coulson believe me but he felt more confused.

 "What does your father have to do with all this? why is this such a big deal?" Coulson asked again and I sighed feeling frustrated but I kept it down.

"My father sold me to hydra to become his experiment, that's why I got all those stupid powers, and now he's been looking for me, following me and trying to kidnap me to get me back, if he knows where I am..." I said rambling making them both speechless, they really didn't know anything about me.

"Then what?" May asked calmly. "He'll use me to kill everyone who's in his way," I said calming down again.

"What's his goal?" Coulson asked again and I sighed.

"I have no idea, that's why I want answers from Ward if he knows my father then maybe he knows more than us," I said but Coulson started nodding no.

"I don't want you anywhere near him," he said dryly and I frowned questioning him why not.

"This is a personal emotional matter to you where you clearly have trouble with, you're here to get better right? I don't think this benefits you," he said and I sighed.

"You sounded like Tony just now, he would say that too, Steve would agree with me," I said and Coulson seemed to find an interest when I called his name and asked me what I meant with that.

"Cap does everything for the greater good or for his personal benefit. If I could do something to maybe find out what my father's planning, he'd let me go, Tony would know I'll only be doing it for anyone else but me," I explained and they looked surprised.

"Why would you do it?" May asked, she asked the right questions.

"I'm not driven by revenge to kill my father or anything, but if anything gives me a bigger chance to be able to walk in the streets normally again, then I'll do anything to take him down," I said calmly and Coulson looked emotionless but he felt some kind of concern.

"Okay, but we wait for at least a week to see if he says anything to anyone else, I'm not sacrificing you to get information," Coulson stated and I nodded silently agreeing even if it wasn't my first choice.

I walked out of his office being dismissed and left Coulson and May behind as they started talking about it. I was still wearing my suit but I didn't mind, people wore their costumes here all the time.

I went to the hanger and collected some of my knives that were still in the bodies that were being cleaned up, but I wasn't leaving my knives behind.

I took them to the kitchen, washed them under the sink and heard someone walking behind me, I turned around holding the knife against Mack's throat but let it go immediately as he stood there in shock.