Chapter 45

24 hours later

"Lokiiiii," I said from the bed looking at Loki who was standing in the bathroom. I spent the day before mentally preparing for my visit I have tomorrow, I will be leaving the avengers for a while to learn more about me and my magic.

Loki was acting very very sweet for some reason, even though I told him I'm not leaving him but I can't blame him for being scared, even though he doesn't admit that...

"What is it?" he asked not leaving the bathroom. "I need some attention, come give it to me," I said smiling knowing how annoying I probably sounded.

"I just left," he said softly and smiling. "So?" I said acting offended. "Really?" he frowned at me.

"Yes, really," I repeated pouting and annoyed.

"I have a gift for you, I was meaning to give it sooner or later, but now you can bring it with you, to have something from here close," he said smiling still standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"But I didn't get you anything..." I said sappy, but Loki just gestured for me to sit on the bed, he was fucking impatient.

He did some wiggly di woos with his hands and next to the bed where I was sitting appeared a big ass fluffy white bear.

"IT'S SO BIG!" I yelled happily jumping up and down and taking off the last bits of wrapping paper.

Loki was laughing at me and just watched me happily.

"IT'S BIGGER THAN ME!" I said pointing at it while standing next to it as if Loki had never seen it before, he just chuckled. I ran up to him and tackled him into a hug, digging my head into his chest sobbing.

"Why are you crying love?" he asked taking my cheeks in his hand concerned but smiling. "I don't know, I'm not sad, I'm really really grateful, this is the best gift I've ever had, and I'm just really happy," I rambled happily crying

"So they're happy tears?" Loki asked and I nodded my head in yes aggressively and hugged him again. He hugged me back tightly and I took in his scent of freshness and books and forest in the fear of not remembering it when I would leave. I took a step back again but still held him, we locked eyes and I felt something I wouldn't think I would ever feel, hope.

It felt like this was the start of a new chapter, this was going to be the beginning of other good things, and I felt like I wasn't alone anymore, I already knew that, but then I felt it, truly felt it. In Loki's eyes, I saw comfort and that same hope, and he knew what I was thinking, or feeling, without actually reading my mind.

I pulled him closer to me by dragging his clothes in front of his chest down to me and kissed him on the lips again, and I didn't know why, or how, but every time we kissed it felt different, every time was like a core moment, never the same.

We pulled apart after a while and I just felt really at ease, and it just hit me very sudden.

"Thank you," I said softly and Loki smiled and I knew what he was saying.