Chapter 106

It was intense, the moment on the balcony. But despite that I got myself to stay calm. I think the big outburst I had with Loki helped a lot to release my emotions, it made room for me to really think about everything I needed to think about.

"Celene, dinner's ready," Loki said with his head peaking outside through the door. I sighed thinking how it got late so quickly but I just smiled at Loki.

I stood up from the ground feeling my legs against after stretching a bit making Loki chuckle. I walked to Loki giving him a hug, burying my face under his neck.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly stroking my back and I simply said yes smiling at him again. I looked at the clock and it was only 4:30 pm, but we went to the kitchen anyway where the table was all set looking fancy.

"This feels like the last meal," I said chuckling and making a joke but I heard a small gasp coming from the kitchen seeing Tony stand there.

"Of course it's not, it's just because," he said smiling. "Because... you were all nervous and needed something to do?" I said smiling and Tony took a deep annoyed breath not answering that, but I knew I was right.

"It's not your last meal, but it sure is a damn good one. Wanda and I are like the best chef together," Clint said light-heartedly making me smile.

I suspected this down moody atmosphere where nobody was going to talk, but it was everything but moody. Everyone seemed to do their best to make it nice and cosy talking and walking around.

We sat at the table grabbing food like crazy people, but to be fair; it was smelling amazing. Wanda and Clint were both great at cooking. Nat and Loki were sitting next to me making conversations with me and anyone else.

I don't know who let Bucky and Sam sit next to each other, something was destined to happen with those two together. Just like Tony and Steve were sitting too close to each other already rolling their eyes making me smile to myself. We talked about memories and future plans, things we still had to do like going on a vacation, while we joked and made sarcastic comments pissing each other off.

I could feel the love every time Sam told Bucky to shut up.

It helped me to get my mind off of things and I actually enjoyed myself again, I felt good and laughed with them. Eating ice cream like it was the first time I ever tasted it. They thought to eat early, not only because they needed something to do, but also to make sure I had enough food in my system without having to throw it back up while fighting.

Eating before fighting wasn't an amazing thing... but this was so early that I could digest everything okay before we would leave.

I didn't have to give a speech, we didn't have to talk strategy, nobody wanted to. We all knew. They all knew.

I knew I would do what was needed, that I would figure it out when I needed it the most. I knew they already knew how much I loved them, they knew all the things that I wanted to say at that moment, they already knew. I knew they would do what was needed to. They didn't need a strategy because we couldn't expect anything, but they could all make the right choices.

They knew what I would want, and even if they were stubborn, they would do what they would think will be the best for me when I needed it the most.

What the hell was I even thinking? So melodramatic... I was just stressed because I had no idea if I could hurt Dave, if I could... hell, that fight would be over in a minute and I could go home... That's probably why we didn't talk about the coming conflict, they trusted me to beat his ass. 

I was going to.

Time passed by and the room became colder with nervous energy, the energy of 'we should get ready' but nobody actually said it. We all just started to leave to get ready without saying anything.