Chapter 104

When I woke up the sky was just beginning to fill with the colours of the sun. I let out a deep breath feeling like I was having a hangover. Loki was next to me still asleep and I smiled at his relaxed face.

I had no idea why Lilith would give me energy, making me better. It sure as hell hurt and it still felt weird but I wasn't sick anymore. It just made me wonder why she would throw away her advantage to beat me.

I went out of the bed and put on clean sweatpants and an oversized shirt from Loki walking out of the room quietly to not wake him. I went to the kitchen walking across the hallway where the enormous hole in the wall was covered in plastic curtains and ducktape making me sigh.

"Morning," Tony said from the kitchen island hanging over a cup of coffee. His eye was badly bruised and a scar was on his arm making me wonder who did that to him before he had the suit on. I said hi and made a breakfast smoothie and a cup of coffee standing across from where Tony was sitting looking at me.

"What did she do to you," he questioned but he sounded more like a demand. I sighed and continued to make the coffee processing the question for a moment.

"Celene..." Tony said more softly but still demanded an answer. "Tony..." I responded coldly letting him know that I needed coffee first. He understood and he stayed quiet until I sat down next to him drinking the coffee and smoothie.

"What was her name?" he asked softly and more patient giving me more space. "Lilith," I responded and I knew I had to tell them eventually if I still wanted their trust and help. 

"She gave me energy, the same way she took Clint's," I explained and I could feel Tony's confusion. "I wish I could give it to him, make him better," I said and Tony nodded knowing that I meant it.

"And apparently, she's my half-sister, that's what she called me..." I said softly and Tony turned to look at me in pure shock.

"He had a daughter with another woman? Who would do that? I mean with him he's awful," Tony said and he was being serious but it made me chuckle.

"We don't know the story of her mother, I don't want to know," I said dryly and Tony nodded. I shouldn't care about what background story hid behind Lilith's madness, what made her work for Dave, but I couldn't help but be curious.

"Yesterday you muttered something about him coming for you in a few days," Tony said and I nodded now afraid to tell him. I could feel that things were going to change, I just wasn't sure if it was in a good or a bad way.

"Dave's coming to the tower, in two days... He wants me to be there at 8 pm where I'm either going to kill him or kill you," I explained and Tony held his breath for a moment looking at me puzzling.

"And if you don't go there?" he asked trying to find a way out. "He'll kill all of you, and probably me," I said taking a sip from my smoothie.

"I don't care what's going to happen, but I'm not joining him, I'm not going to lead his army, and I'm sure as hell not going to kill you," I said. It was the easiest choice I have ever been given. 

Defeating my evil father saving everyone from harm, or killing everyone I love just to lead his army? I'm going with option one thank you very much.

We spoke further about the conversation between me and Lilith. Loki joined after a while and made me retell the beginning so he was caught up with everything while he ate breakfast as well. He was shocked when I told him I needed to be there... tomorrow...

"How are you going to fight him... when you can't fight him yet? It's a suicide," he said coldly and I sighed. "I honestly have no idea how to stop this," I answered honestly making Loki shift uncomfortably as if he felt he made me upset.