3 ~ [He is back!]

As much as I try to run away,
Hide from the eyes, following me,
I end up being stuck in the midway.
And we both know, if you actually want me,
You'll get me anyway.

LEERA

The exact moment I felt a slight touch on my shoulder, the rhythm of my throbbing heart fastened, my mind went blank, I lost the capability of deciphering anything. I didn't even have the audacity in me left to turn back and see who's it. My first conviction was to run and not standing there a moment longer, without a second thought- I started to run like a maniac.

I could still sense the person following me after running a distance. My feet didn't stop it's fast pace even though I'm too exhausted to take another step. A part of me wants to glance back and confirm if I'm being delusional or I'm actually being chased, and another part wants me to keep running till I don't get to the other end of this world.

For a while I thought, by now I could have managed some distance between the stalker and me. But then all of a sudden a hand appears to my side grasping my wrist in a tight grip from behind, and my merest hope sinks down the ocean of anxiety like it never existed. I'm caught. I can literally hear my heart pounding so rapidly that it feels as though it's going to burst anytime soon.

When I hear the sound of those peculiar laughters filled with smugness, I comprehend that I was wrong, it's wasn't just one person following me, they are two in number. I'm afraid, terribly afraid. And after everything that happened, who won't be?

But I refuse to show my fear. If you show you're scared, they will see you as weak. I gathered myself and with the last ounce of my courage I turn back, mentally praying to god to save me from every evil I'm going to face. Please, God. Please save me this time.

I notice both of them are wearing black attire with a strange, black mask which covered half of their faces, excluding the forehead and eyes. They appear creeps with wicked intentions.

"Who the hell are you? Leave my hand!" I snap at their face, trying to rescue my fragile, trembling hand and they laugh out hearing me as though I said something hilarious. I blankly stare at them and struggle to free my hand.

I look around in hope of finding someone to help me but there is literally not a single soul around. As the apartment I live in is at the farthest corner of the street, here is always less people in this street but tonight it's surprisingly quieter than usual and no presence of life is anywhere near. Don't freak out, Leera. Don't freak out. I tell myself, failing to hold onto my dauntlessnes.

"Check what she has with her-" One of the creepy dudes tells the other. "Hold her."
They try to snatch my bag from me and getting the chance I bite onto the hand that's holding me. He cries out. I bit so hard that I can literally taste blood on my teeth but the other one gets me again.

"This bitch!" I hiss in pain feeling the sharp sting on my scalp as my hair is being pulled so harshly that every hair strand is about to get teared.

"Leave me!" I let out a howl of anguish.
"We know how to deal with fierce-" They evilly laugh and pull my hair more. "I said leave me, bastards!" I try pulling off their hands from my hair.

"Got our hand on a fine piece today. How can we let you go beautiful?" The one gripping my hair says stripping me bare just with his eyes while the other sickeningly checked me out from head to toe and his eyes rested on my chest. I'm getting sick, help. God get me out of this.

"Motherfuckers, I'll pull your eyes out of their sockets. Fucking leave me or I'll gather people-" I bawl again. "This bitch got a mouth. Do it fast-" I hear them conversate not having an idea of what they are intending to do to me.