75 ~ [This Can't Be Him!]

AZEZAL POV

Today's funeral reminded me of my mother's one. My mother's unexpected death left me so devastatedly wrecked that I became entirely numb at that time, no tear made out of my eye even at her funeral. It was unbelievable to me that I lost the one person I loved more than anything. She was the most precious gem of my treasure and the regret that I couldn't protect her is still alive in my heart.

On the other hand my emotions are completely different for this person. I helplessly lost one more person from my life who was supposed to mean a lot to me but wasn't. Antonio Pavano, the one who is my biological father by name but never couldn't be one- The father I wanted to kill by my own hands at certain time for whatever he did but refrained myself with all my might everytime.

The things he had done to me, my mother and sister is unforgivable in my eyes. He ruined my life since my childhood, engaging me into vulnerable things and involving me in his dark world. He ravaged my mother's mental health and basically his enemies killed her, who are after me now. He ruined my sister's life by forcing her into a marriage for his own benefit. How much ridiculous and selfish this man was only disgusted me as much as it disintegrated me thinking I'm his blood. And now that he's no more in this world, it feels like this world is actually a better place for now.

I'm cruel to even think that but the amount of loathe and hatred I have for this man is indescribable. He is the one to blame for taking away my mother from me, giving her the worst days of her life until she died and after that separating Leera from me. I had been blaming Leera for everything before, until I knew that it wasn't her fault rather all of it was his.

"Sir, after your car entered the mansion your father went inside and came back within almost five minutes then drove the car out of the mansion. He seemed to be in a hurry. I don't know further than that"

I closed my eyes chugging the third glass of champagne. The burning feeling of it pouring down my throat is providing me sereneness.

I suspect Antonio knew there was a boob in the car and knowing that he took my car from my basement but why would he do so? I know that the bomb was set for me and it was so destructive that death is inevitable. The question is why else would he take my car and what his motive might be? Why would he want to save me when all I knew in my life was that he was a selfish man and he never thought of anything else except himself.

"Sir, I accept you to stay back please and let the police handle the situation." I had lost my shit internally but couldn't move from my position after the blast. I thought I lost her but when I saw it was not her but a man I was almost relieved until I saw it was Antonio, my father who I never termed as a father.

Leera never left the house after our fight, she fucking went to the rooftop of the apartment building. And if I didn't trace the location of my car, I couldn't have witnessed his death.

My phone vibrates with a message notification that I ignore again. My phone has been ringing since a while and I know it's my wife who's worried for me. After the funeral I have been working and now it's all blank.

I'm filled with angst, fury, grief or guilt whatsoever. Now that I'm busy mourning Antonio's death with glasses of champagne and thoughts I don't want any distraction. Still can't believe he can even think of his son let alone save him from death. And the tangled up questions will keep bothering me until I find the actual truth. I need to put everything together and solve this maze before it's too late.

All the people involved with me is basically in the position of risk. I need to play smart protecting them cause shielding them isn't the only solution. Leera, Elena and Aaron their safety is what matters the most to me. I know whoever they are they shouldn't be underestimated cause if they can fucking plant a bomb in my car after having this much security they can do anything.