68 ~ [Your Lies]

LEERA POV

He got inside the car and closed the door with a thud. He didn't care to buckle up his seatbelt as he initiated the engine without even having a glance at me. It feels like the silence between us is persisting longer than it should and it's making me kinda anxious now.

Speeding up the car in the dark, he took roads after roads and as much as I got to know some of the roads here, I know it well that he isn't taking me back to the mansion. The car is recklessly speeding up into the darkness more.

Where can the possibly take me? What can possibly be his motive? But I know one thing for sure that he is mad now and when he's mad he does things. Maybe I should have better been with those douchebag kidnappers.

Then the city lights reached my eyes which were soaked in tears of fear and frustration before and then I felt a little relieved thinking he isn't taking me to those dark, scary jungles once again where he made me saw intolerable things in New York which tramatized me, scaring me to my core.

My heart jolted faster when he kept increasing the speed more and it's not fine to drive this fast on a road full of cars. Literally any accident can occur anytime considering the way he is driving. But I still choose to remain silent because the tension between us doesn't seem to be quite well. He still didn't say a word to me or even asked me how am I feeling. And it looks like a bad option to give him any advice about driving now cause his mood looks shitty to a good extent.

I looked his way, finding his eyes fixed on the front and his arms flexed holding the steering wheel as he made a U turn. His sleeves are folded upto his forearm and his whole concentration settled in driving. He looks like a devastatingly hot devil who is so vexed that he can explode anytime soon like a ticking bomb. So charming and ridiculously fine that for a moment I forgot I have been staring at him for a while now.

My eyes are dried now as I fixed my eyes on the window again, looking at the sparkling city lights of Rome. Rome is a very beautiful city in a different way. I haven't visited much places here yet but I have enough idea already by what I have seen so far and read before. It's full of classical, impressive architecture of a mesmerising mix of modern and ancient. It is a living monument to the incredible empire that was tirelessly built, and if ever there was a visible storybook of a people’s incredible power and reign, Rome is it. I have read about Rome before and I also had the urge to visit here as well, but not like this of course.

When I got to know Azezal was italian after we were dating, my dream was to come here with him, visit all the beautiful places with him, where he'll tell me tales and stories of the ancient whenever we step into some great remnant of history and every corner of Rome is filled with those after all.

My mind kept wandering in thoughts and it came to sense when the car ceased with a sudden jerk. It's probably almost 20 minutes of drive and it meant we are actually really distant from the mansion now.

He got out of the car and came to my side to open the door. Taking my hand in his he yanked me out with him and took me inside a 5-6 stored building with his long steps making me feel difficult to match his steps and cope up. Then I'm standing inside the elevator with him without any word, while fidgeting my fingers subconsciously due to the nervousness growing inside me now.

I remained silent the whole time, my tears are dried up by now and my fear is long lost, I'm not scared anymore but the anxiety is still there. What much can he do to me anyway?