Epilogue

3 years later

LEERA POV

"Here is your choco mint icecream." Levi extends his hand towards me which has my favourite icecream and I cheerfully take it. I happily sigh licking the icecream, "Finally!"

"Where's my thankyou? I had to stand in the queue for a long time!"
"10 minutes? Seriously?" I frown and ignore him enjoying my icecream.
"Give me mine!" Aria demands. Levi pulls his hand with her icecream behind his back. "Give me my kiss first."
"You ass!-" then they kiss infront of me once again and I cringe.

"Can you guys please stop doing these gross couple stuffs infront of me." I say making a disgusted face at them and lick my icecream.
"You should stop hanging out with a couple, panda." Levi says and I roll my eyes. "I'll better have icecream dates with Aaron. He is a better friend than two of you. "Sure, sure. We'll see."

They have been dating for almost 2 years after since Levi's recovery. He has a sound health now and that cheerful Levi is back. Aria has been a constant support for him and that helped him recover sooner. Eventually he fell for her too and both of them are so lovely dovely now that it fucking makes me sick.

"Shutup! I'm leaving. I'm here after working the whole day, checking patients and hearing their life traumas, and now you two are bullying me. Fine I'll just hangout with Aaron and stop third wheeling you two. Bye." I utter annoyed before leaving. "Leeraaa-" each of them swipe their arm on my shoulder and start walking with me. "What!"

"Don't goo! We love you third wheeling us." Aria says giggling. "And cringing you to dead." Levi says and Aria hits Levi on his chest and both of them are laughing now. Their laughter makes me laugh too. "I'm leaving then."
"But I was thinking to buy you another icecream." Levi says tauntingly. "For real?" I ask, excited, even if I know he's kidding. Then he only laughs and goes to buy me another one of those choco mint icecream for real.

* * * * * *

I slowly open the door of the apartment and take soft steps making no sound while getting inside. I try to close the door ever so slowly to make no noise but then I hear his woofs behind me.

There's no point to be silent anymore. He knows I'm here. I turn around and make an apologetic face. He gives me another bark in response. Bending down to his level, I murmur, "Sorry. Mommy is late." He barks louder than before now, but this isn't that angry bark but an delightful one, like he isn't even sad that I'm late like the other days. He seems more excited and joyous.

I carry him and ruffle his soft body covered with fur, "Why is Casper so happy tonight?" He stays in my arms merely for a few seconds and then jumps down. Wagging his tail, he runs towards the kitchen. "So you're hungry?" I smile. "We'll have dinner together son! I'm coming."

I think to get a shower at first, cause I have been out for the whole day, first the hospital, then the icecream parlour and it's already dinner time now.

The whole living area is dark except for the dim light coming from the corridors. I attempt to turn on the lights when all of a sudden, I feel a strange presence behind me. I instantly turn around but find no one. There was someone here! I literally felt it! There is surely someone who broke into my apartment.
Thump. Thump. I can hear my own heartbeats but I don't utter a word, I don't even turn on the lights. I just run towards the kitchen to get a knife.

"Don't make any sound." I whisper to Casper. He remains quiet and keeps watching me as if he understood what I told him.
Taking a big sharp knife I come out slowly. I have lack of confidence and I'm so fucking scared that I'm sweating right now. My hands are almost shaking but I'm not going to show my fear.

I should have turned on the lights of the living area. I'm a fucking stupid. Now it's more terrifying. But still taking small steps I approach towards the living area, clenching the sharp, big knife to my face. I'll need to turn on the lights first. You have a knife Leera, You have a knife. Chill.

All of a sudden I feel the presence of someone behind me again and this time I turn and scream as I start stabbing the air in the dim light. Then abruptly I'm pushed against the wall and both of my hands are locked above my head. I clench my eyes closed, I'm too afraid to open them, to afraid to see a murderer or a thief or whatever he is. I'm unmoving and my heart is about to explode. He makes me drop the knife twisting my hand but he doesn't hurt me in the procedure at all.

I don't dare to open my eyelids. My hands are still locked above my head. "P-Please." It's the only word that manages to make out of my mouth.

I forgot breathing long ago, and I lose the last ounce of my courage when I feel a cold metal press against my neck which feels like a barrel of a gun. "D-Don't shot me! You can take anything you want!" I scream and plead at the same time only to hear a chuckle in response.

Then the owner of that familiar chuckle lifts my chin by the gun. "Open your eyes." My eyes instantly open hearing his voice. My eyes meet his grey ones and I don't know what I'm feeling right now.

Is this for real? I don't believe my eyes cause this isn't the first time I'm fantasizing him in this apartment, the same apartment we lived together. This isn't the first time my eyes are deceiving me by another delusion. I must be hallucinating again.

And then I notice that it's the same cologne as it was before that I'm intaking. Only then I start believing it's not hallucination, it's real. He is here. He is back. It doesn't take a second for my eyes to water.

Then his lips pull up in a smile as he stares deeper into my eyes, the smile flashing on his face which has always been really personal to me.
"Long time no see, wifey?"

_________________________________________

Started - 2022 [ I don't remember the exact date :/ ]
Completed - 30.04.2023

Author's Note

Guysss. Finally, this book is finished. I'm so sad and happy at the same time and I don't know which one of the feelings I'm feeling more.

I don't have enough words to thank y'all for giving my book a chance. It's my first ever work. Took me long enough but I'm contented with myself that I completed it. (Writing might be easy but being dedicated to writing is honestly a tough job. Trust me.)

I thank each of you from the core of my heart to be patient and reach to the end. I know a few of you have been there since the beginning of the book and are still there. It fills my heart with utter bliss.

I would love to know how much of this book succeeded to win your heart. So please, give your honest reviews. <3

The first few chapters are kinda messy but I'll edit the whole book asap. Tysm for the kind words and constant support or else maybe I wouldn't have been able to finish this book. It's still surprising to me that someone would take their time to read my book. Hope you liked the journey of my mind. Lastly, I'll really miss writing this book and I love this book from the bottom of my heart :))