67 ~ [Heartfelt Infatuation]

AZEZAL POV

Last night was exhausting. I didn't get any sleep but not getting any sleep isn't something new to me, I'm used to it. And how I got to watch her sleep with a faint smile on her face for hours was worth having a bad stomach and not getting any sleep.

I fucking despise spicy food and I guessed her motive of cooking for me before. Every bite I took of her handmade lasagna burned my stomach but filled my heart with utter bliss. And the medicine that she kept for me on the nightstand was such a kind gesture of her which surely reduced my stomach pain to an extent.

"So fucking weak." I muttered sarcastically, sending another straight punch to Remor's face.
"Boss, I can be many things but not weak." Saying wearyingly, he attacked back when he
got his chance.
"Good, that's the spirit I always claim to see in you." Bolo punching him, I distracted his attention and used my leg to imbalance him. As a result, he fell apart at the seams on the floor breathlessly.

"Enough. Enough." Groaning he punched his chest and laid down spreading his limbs on the boxing ring canvas mat. "Gave up already?"
"I know how much I try boss, I can never win over you but trust me your way of hospititaly in Italy made me completely warm" I simpered grabbing the protein shake and gulping it down.

"So Remor, I asked you to be here not only because of the ball I'm hosting tonight but also I want to know every detail of things from you."
Remor is not only my second hand man but also one of the most trust able people I know. I know I can trust him with anything without even holding a suspense against him.

"As for our suspection about who did that attack on your wedding, you are right. It wasn't your father or anything related to Carla as far the information we gathered. The Blood Reapers have been quiet for a while now after the wedding incident which is suspicious. And the underground bussiness is in good stage but some problems arosed a few days ago which were settled by me. Everything in New York seems to be going quite smoothly. As well as the companies are in good condition without your presence as Elena joined the office and is being very helpful. She is doing a great job as for being new."

"Hmm. She told me about joining our family bussiness last week as she has got nothing much to do at home and I agreed." I said unwrapping my boxing wraps.

"How is your wife and your married life going?" He asked getting up. Our relation is formal while working, the boss and the deputy but on the contrary sometimes it casually becomes informal outside of work and we become like buddies. And that's why he is my only trust able man who gets to talk to me this way without any fear.

"Well, your sister-in-law still hates me like hell but her burning hatred will be dimmed real soon." Tossing the boxing wraps on the mat I smiled thinking of her.

"God you are gone for real! Marriage made you crazy! Look at you, you are smiling! Fucking good. Are you in love?" He uttered in disbelief and let out a laughter. I fixed him with my eyes.

"Get into work. I want information about those motherfuckers. Wheather it be underground or underwater, fucking find them all out and I want them dead as soon as possible."

His smile disappeared and he gave me a firm nod, back to the professional state.

* * * * * *

Coming out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my hip, I found her in bed stretching her arms while yawning. She just woke up.

"Good morning". I greet her. That's when she finally opened her eyes and looked my way. Her cheeks instantly flashed red and lips sealed in a line which were open due to yawning.
"Hm.. morning." She says in her morning voice, rubbing her eyed and getting off the bed.