47 ~ [Hangover Owing To Him]

LEERA POV

"Levi, I can't wait to comeback to New York" I muttered and I could feel myself jumping out of happiness almost.

"You are coming tomorrow. Chill down panda. Just a few more hours" He laughed.
"Yes" I bited my lips. "Levi?"
"Hearing" I could already feel him smiling.

"I am actually very anxious about the conference. I know I'm happy knowing that I can go to New York and stay there for 2 nights because of the conference. But I'm still afraid. What if I mess up? What if I end up talking shit on the stage? It's a international conference, there would be so many people of high level and the media will be present too. I don't know why I am having this feeling that I'll mess things up" I let out a deep sigh.

"You won't. Trust me. I believe you" A faint smile lingered on my face reminding me of my this bestfriend once again. How this guy always stayed by my side everytime, listen to talk shit and never complained about it, always there for me before I even get engaged with any trouble. How his words made me strong and assured me again that yes I can do this.

"Thankyou Levi" I breathed and a tear escaped my eye. The tear meant how much I missed him, how much I need him in this time. He short laughed "For tolerating your bothersome ass?"

"No for being an Asshole but the best asshole ever" I could hear him laugh on the other side of the phone. "Yes. I know I'm always the best"
"Can't agree more. The best Moron" I couldn't help but laugh through my tears.

"Panda needs some sleep" He said again "It's late get to bed. Shushu. Or else you will miss your flight tomorrow and it would appear that you couldn't make it to New York"

"It won't happen, Don't worry. I'll sleep on time and wake up on time"
"Goodnight, Leera. Hoping to see you here tomorrow. And don't worry, if you miss the flight I'll come and drag your ass in here"
"Alright" A small laugh made out of my mouth. "I'll allow that. Goodnight" with that the phone call ended.

After that call, I didn't feel as lonely as I was before. I was even too happy to even feel anything. I'm going back to New York for two nights! I was informed that I'll be attending the international medical conference with a few more interns from our hospital which will be held in New York. There would be top leveled professionals and prominent doctors from many other countries. They will share their experience and ideas and how can the medical field be expanded even more. But the thing was I'm selected for speaking on behalf of all other interns which is making me so fucking nervous.

It's not like I ever never spoken on stage or never gave an speech. I have always been confident about it and the professors and teachers throughout my entire life always preferred me for things like this. I was even the valedictorian of our graduation ceremony. I don't know what's actually stressing me now but I'm having this feeling that things won't go right.

Though things ain't the same now. I'm mentally so much stressed too and that's what causing me agony. I can't focus properly even if I want to. After the things with Azezal and I know with every encounter it will only get worse. I hate it how much he's making me feel like a shit even if I don't want to. How much he can control my feelings and harm me mentally. With everything possible I'm trying to avoid him for my own sake, for the sake of my mental health.

But I know this is a huge job that is handed on my hands. If I don't do this right, I'll be doomed.

"Everything will be fine. I can do this" I murmured to myself, with a new light of confidence. I'll do this the best way possible.

...........

Closing my eyes, I let out a deep breath. Here I'm back in New York. It felt so relieving and my heartbeats turned pleasant I moment I took my first step here. I'm not alone anymore. I let out a silent cry with a faint smile playing on my face.