36 ~ [Only If I Knew]

AZEZAL POV

The moment I walked in Aaron's room he saw me and rushed towards me cheerfully. He shouted "bestfriend, bestfriend" and jumped up in my arms.

"Oho dude slow down" I apprised him at the sudden attack. Elina was watching us chuckling. "Why are you here?" He inquired me and I'm holding him. "Why can't I be here?" I raised my eyebrow and he laughed.

"I thought you won't come today" He murmured still looking so happy. "It was a surprise for you champ. How would you know then?" I ruffled his already messy hair and he giggled more. I settled him on the bed as Elina was waiting to converse with me already.

"Azezal, you didn't even inform me that you will be coming" Elina murmured coming close to me. "Ooh so my visit is too unexpected.. hmm maybe you both mom and son don't want me here. Sadly I'll just go then" I mocked

"Asshole, give me a hug first! It's already been weeks you visited here and came to see us!" Saying that Elina crashed into a hug with me.
"Been busy you know" I murmured patting her back.

"Hm you get time to have Aaron picked up and play football with him, take him to icecream shops and restaurants, buy him toys, to spend time with him" She asked parting from the hug. "It's not always me. Sometimes it's rather my assistant or I have anyone else picking him up and taking him to restaurants. He gets bored at home" I gestured at Aaron and indicating him I continued with a slight wink "Right champ?" "Yeah. Bestfriend is right, mom" He agreed and returned my wink.

"You two are unbelievable" Elina touched her head at our act and we laughed.

"So what suddenly makes you visit us huh?" She folded her hands on her chest. "Father asked me to come. No I mean it's not like I'm only here for work of course to see you guys too. You know that too well already I wouldn't have even came here if you guys weren't here. I haven't visited here for a year probably before you guys came here and nowadays I basically come here only to see you. So you can't complain." I muttered and turned to Aaron who seemed interested in our interaction too "Right champ?" I encouraged for his approval and he agreed "yes bestfriend"

"Aaron is being an asshole just like you" Elina murmured and we laughed together.
"Okay your work with father is done right?" She asked. "Yeahh.. It was just about a few documents. Just a futile reason to call me here"

"Then I guess we can have dinner together" she uttered hopingly. "Yeah we can as I'm already here" I answered. "Ooh Carla was so eager to meet you. Let me call her" Elina said making me frustrated. "Damn I'll just go then. Don't wanna spoil my mood this soon" Elina made a frown face.

"Okay I'm not calling her now but you will eventually meet her at dinner. And Azezal you can't be like this with her. You need to behave better with her. She will be your wife soon" she rebuked me.

"As if I care about her" I rolled my eyes. "Well you need to" she muttered again. "okay Whatever" I responded just to stop her. "I'll go and see if dinner is ready then" saying that Elina left. Then I finally turned back to Aaron who is too delightful today comparing to the other days. I'm confused just yesterday he injured his leg and today he looked too fine.

"How's your leg? Does it still hurt? Did your mom scold you for hurting your leg?" I asked at once. "Mom scolded me a little bit not much. The pain is gone. I can walk too" He muttered already jumping on the bed while giggling.

"Hm so why do you look so happy today? Too happy to see me? Or anything else huh?" I asked Aaron as he's being extremely joyous now. He only giggled in response.

"Now I'm really curious what is making you do happy. Tell me champ" I asserted again.
"You will know yourself if you wait a bit" he said making me more curious but before I could say something I heard the bathroom door open but didn't turn to see who was it yet.
Suddenly Aaron shouted right infront of me "Leeraa" and I turned to see if I heard him right.