65 ~ [Distant Yet So Close]

AZEZAL POV

We didn't speak the whole ride and she didn't give me a second glance after. Her eyes were keenly fixated on the window the entire time. I didn't bother her as the silence remained persistent between us for a while.

As soon as I parked the car infront of the mansion she was already rushing out of the car and dashing inside in no time. She is mad. I let out a sigh and while getting out of the car I noticed, she left her purse so I took it with me.

When I got inside the room, she was already inside the bathroom as if staying in the same room as me is utterly embittering to her. I know why she is mad but I can't say I'm at fault here too.

Adeline and I have known each other since childhood and since then our mothers wanted us to be together when we grow up because they were best friends. But there has nothing been ever serious between us. She desired me since she was a teenager and at some point we also had sex but it stopped it from getting too far. And I thought her obsession with me will eventually vanish when I moved to USA with my family but it never did. Just when I returned here after the death of my mother, after years, when I and Leera parted, she was there again even after her marriage.

She is the girl who won't hesitate a second to leave her husband behind for me. And for some reason I didn't even mind fucking her knowing her husband is one of my bussiness partner. That time I was deranged, aggrieved, resentful and hurt. She was on her knees infront of me again as she always was and I didn't even hold back that time. Despite her being a married woman she has always been after me like a mad woman. I don't feel any guilt for this and I don't think any of it is my fault that she still can't get over me when I literally gave her a clear conception that there can't be anything between us from the very beginning of her teenage life.

I exhaled an exhausted breath when I heard the shower running.

Removing my blazer, I flinged it on the bed and then I unbuttoned a few buttons of the shirt and rolled-up the sleeves after unbuttoning the cuffs. Sitting on the bed enduringly, I waited for her to come out. Patience was never something existent in me before but I didn't even realize how much patience I maintain whenever it comes to her. I checked a few mails in between and stared at the bathroom door to open as if it will anytime soon.

After almost 45 minutes the bathroom door opened and she stepped out patting a towel on her wet hair and stopped when her eyes landed on me. She was wearing a strawberry printed pajama. I gave her a slight smile but she averted her eyes away from me immediately.

I got up and walked to her shoving my hands inside the pockets but she turned to the other side and kept dabbing the towel on her hair even after being done, trying to show me she is busy. I grabbed the towel from her and tossed it on the coach behind her. "Why are you ignoring me?"

She eyed me for a second and gave me a irritated look and tried to walk away from me again but I was fast enough to grab her hand and jerk her to me.

Wrapping my hands around her, I hugged her and inhaled. She smells so sweet and lovely, the same lavender scent I crave to be always engulfed in. Endearingly, I gave a kiss on her hair and then I heard her exhausted sigh.

"You don't need to be mad Leera and you don't need to be jealous of anyone" I stared at her for a moment.
"Leave me. I'm sleepy, I want to sleep" she said as if she is absolutely disinterested in talking to me. "We'll but lets get the confusions off your head first"

She laughed a sarcastic laugh. "Confusions? What confusion, Azezal? It isn't the first time you are cheating on me and it's not like I didn't expect you to do so, ONCE AGAIN." She emphasised on the once again and gulped, then carried on a second later. "And sure you can because this marriage means no literal sense to any of us. Trust me you won't be getting anything from me. So don't worry I understand you have your needs which is needed to be fulfilled just like before. And yeah I'm not upset or better say I don't give a fuck about who you touch, who you kiss, who you fuck and whatever the shit you do." She gave me a smile and jerked her hand away from me. And that smile itself spoke a million things to me, how hurt she was, how all the memories came back to her, how she isn't really okay pretending she is fine.