77 ~ [Make Me Bleed]

Your every lie, I'll believe it to be true.
I'll defend you against my discernment too.
Ruin me, still I'll remain inundated with you.
Nothing can change my love for you.

AZEZAL POV

Terror yet some kind of valiant reflected in her eyes as she stood unmoving a few feet away from me. I kept my eyes fixed at her face but it didn't go out of my notice how the fingers of her left hand curled inwards, clenching the small object like her life dependent on it.

She attempts to change her facial expression trying to fool me with her keen smile and calmness as if I can't see she's pretending. I'm no fool even if I have been intentionally playing one. That too only for her.

"What are you doing here, wifey?" My lips stretch up into a grin as I approach her. "Didn't I tell you to go to bed?" She blinks and opens her mouth to reply but her mouth seems to dry up with every step I'm proceeding near her. After a breathless moment she replies, "Um yeah! I-"

"Hm you?" I take another step closer, crossing my arms on my chest. She tries to hide the pendrive from my view at first but then she realizes it's completely pointless cause I already saw it.

When it's just a few inches gap between us she holds the pendrive infront of my face, thinking she has no other way to escape here, "I came to give you this. Maybe it's yours." Smartass.
I arch an eyebrow and she continues, "The staff found it while cleaning."

Nodding with an understanding face, I extend my hand towards her and she silently places the pendrive on my palm. The slight flash of dither and reluctance wasn't unheeded.

She stares at the pendrive a mere second with a hint of demur before her eyes trail up to my face. Then her lips pull up in a short-lived smile, "Come to bed soon." Her smile was contrived.

With every lie coming out of her mouth I feel some sort of rocks being thrown straight at my face. My essence is mocking and jeering at me.

I have this ability to detect lies just by watching someone's facial expression and it's never easy to conceal lies from me. Quite experienced I would say. And also my whole life, I have not been able to forgive someone who repents for lying.

When every other person who knows me, fears to speak to me thinking they would lie by mistake and here's my wife lying to me with her poor attempts at lying and pretending skills.

Now here I'm refraining myself and swallowing her every lie like it's nothing. None dares to lie to me and it's astonishing how my wife is doing it so effortlessly.

I can see it in her eyes how disappointed she was when she placed the pendrive on my hand. I can clearly sense how much she intends to rush out of here at the first chance she gets, but when she takes just two steps past me, I grip her hand enforcing her to cease her movement.

She tenses under my touch and I know how highly strung she is without even looking at her. In the next second, I pull her back to her place and she is in front of my eyes again. Her face looks petrified, thinking I got a hint of something. She gulps down, not daring to look straight into my eyes more than a few seconds.

"It's not mine. Maybe yours." I act dumb again releasing her hand. She looks up at me abruptly, her eyes sparking with new hope and anticipation as if she has already completed her mission. "Let me see!" I extend my hand towards her which has the pendrive.

"Oh yeah you're right! It's mine. No wonder it looked so much familiar. I have my education stuffs in it. Thank God I found it." She fakes a sigh of relief. "The accident had me losing half of my memory I guess." She cackles lightly. I was wrong her pretending isn't even poor or so-so, it's awful cause I can literally read her like an open book.