79 ~ [Till my last breath]

This is the second last chapter. So as the last chapter needs hype for the ending, expecting all the silent readers to wake up! Comment and share your thoughts!
Last chapter will be uploaded as soon as you guys keenly respond and show your enthusiasm :))

AZEZAL POV

The first thing I espied after blinking my eyes open is the empty space on bed beside me. Her side of the bed lacked her presence.

The soft light rays of the rising sun, entering through the curtain ajar is apprising that it's early in the morning. It's the usual time I wake up, and the time she remains in deep slumber.

My morning begins with the sight of her beautiful sleeping form- eyes closed, mouth slightly open and her fairy like fanciful expressions which make me smile everytime. But today it's different because she's not here while she was supposed to be.

I didn't realize when I dozed off last night while I was glaring at her, watching her sleep and ruminating. Every time I closed my eyes for a mere second, her tear stroken face flashed infront of my eyes, her broken words rang in my ears and engulfed me with remorse, her heart wrenching expressions ripped my heart and left only agony behind.

Apart from my mother's death, that's the second time in my life I felt like this.
Demoralized.
Wretched.
Despaired.

I thought I was heartless. A heartless bastard and a cruel, viscous being who was unable to feel anything, just like I'm in every other's perspective. But she proved it wrong cause I have been feeling everything since her.

And the most honest truth is, I never realized I had a heart which could even feel before she entered my life, cause I have been taught to pretermit how to feel since my boyhood. She gave life to my heart and gave me the reason to believe I have a heart too, to believe maybe I could change for her. But the words she uttered last night pierced straight through the same organ, the same heart she gave a new life to by imparting the opportunity to beat for her once again. The same heart in which she exists in every corner and which has been teeming with endless love for her.

A few sentences were enough to make me perceive what a shattering heart feels like, because at that time my heart wasn't beating, it was bleeding. It wasn't crying, it was shedding tears of blood.

Nevertheless I tried, tried to ignore that she actually meant each and every syllable she pronounced, but couldn't cause I knew that whatever she said is nothing but true and some parts of me agreed with her too.

I searched the whole house but didn't find her anywhere. After everything last night, It might not be unforeseen that she could leave. Still I looked for her repeatedly in every corner as if she would appear in front of my eyes any moment. But in the end, found no hint of her existence in the whole apartment.

I rub my hands down my face as an exhausted groan leaves my mouth. "Fuck!" I didn't intend to sleep.
She left? How can she just leave like that? Then my eyes catch the sight of the luggage still in it's place, in front of the main door. 'No she didn't leave, she can't leave' I tell myself. I call her cell phone immediately only to hear it ringing anywhere near. She left it behind.

I hurl my phone on the sofa as vexation ingests me. My impatience and restlessness to see her is engrossing me. I don't want to even think of her leaving me behind and going. "Goddamit!"  She isn't supposed to escape with her luggage and cell phone behind but where can she go at this hour?

I take my phone again to tract her location, mentally praying she's wearing our wedding ring or else I won't be able to tract her. Finally I feel relief getting to know she is wearing the ring as the tracker succeeds in tracking her location.