74 ~ [Did I Lose Her?]

AZEZAL POV

"I want every single piece of information of them within this week anyhow. Be it from underground, undersea or fucking space. Turn every fucking stone and find out who are those fuckers. Am I clear?" I ordered Remor in a strict manner on the phone as anger fueled me up. Stepping inside the elevator, I pressed the button to my floor.

"Yes boss." I cut the call after I got the response and shoved the phone inside my pocket.

It's been a week since we came back to NewYork. And a week since I got to know that the murderers of my mother weren't actually the ones I unsympathetically killed year ago. They were the enemies of our mafia but somebody intentionally made them seem as if they were the culprits for my mother's death.

And the thought fucking wrecks me that the killers of my mother are still roaming freely, untouched. I punched the elevator door enraged by the thought. "Fuck!" Closing my eyes I inhaled deeply, "I'll give them the most painful death once I lay my hands on them."

I came back immediately after I knew this and whoever they are, they are still trying to get to me. Their main aim is me. Our company has been facing loss as the rumour of finding harmful substance in our products was reported to the media by some frauds. Hence I have to pay attention to business and the underground mob at the same time. I clearly know the people who did this are also the people involved in my mother's death. They got to know about our suspicion on them and messed up things to keep me occupied.

They just want my downfall and I'm not going to let that happen. I wasn't in the country and they took the opportunity to ruin things here.

They are fucking cowards.
Stabbing in the back and hiding themselves. But they are choosing battle with the wrong person.

There is a mastermind behind this game they are playing. And this mastermind of bastard, he would be dead in the harshest way possible. I promise mother. I'll make each of them suffer until their last breath those who are responsible for talking you away from me.

They initiated this game, I'll put an end to this. Cause I don't play, I'm not a player. I'm the past master of these games.

The lift door opened which just got marked due to the force of my punch. I stepped out and motioned the two bodyguards who I hired for Leera's safety to leave with my eyes.

Putting my fingerprint I opened the main door of my penthouse and then got inside. Everything is calm and silent here as it's almost late at night. Removing my suit jacket, I tossed it away.

I sat down on the settee in the living area. An exhausted sigh came out of me as I let my head fall back against the headrest and closed my eyes shut. It was a restless and stressful day. Piles of paper works. Dealing with the media. Meetings and interviews. Also handling the undermob. Goddammit.

"Bad day at work?" My eyes opened when I heard my wife's melodious voice when I half expected her to be asleep by now. The angst and agitation in me almost darted away and peace overtook me just at the moment I saw her. She's wearing her cute pj set sleepwear. She softly smiled when I stared at her. Staring at her is an experience of pure serenity for me. She's my utopia, I want to keep staring forever.

I didn't want words to interrupt me staring at her so I remained silent. I felt the need to close the distance between us and pull her into my arms right away. Stepping forward, coming close to me her eyes landed on my bloody bruised knuckles and then she eyed me arching her eyebrow but didn't ask a single question.

She sighed going upstairs and came down with a first aid box. I watched her bandage my bruise after cleaning it. "Who's mouth did you smash?"
"No one's sadly." She kisses my knuckles above the bandage setting the first aid box on the console table.