48 ~ [Haunting My Nights]

LEERA POV

I bit onto my lower lip not letting a whimper escape out my mouth as I stared back with my eyes which held tears at edge, at his demonous eyes. My eyes filled with aggressiveness seeing his lips form into a satisfied grin.

How could he do this? Does this seem like a joke to him? I wanted to cry and lash at him due to the amount of embarrassment I'm feeling right now. Those muffled laughter people hid with their hand on their face watching me, while others stared astonished not getting what's happening, some murmuring confused.

"Excuse me, please" I spoke on the mike my last mettle. And almost ran off the stage outside the auditorium, straight to where I knew the washroom was.

I closed the door of the ladies washroom behind me as I stepped inside, my heart pounding in my chest, my breaths hurt, I sallow a lump of agony down closing my eyes. Why? Why did this happen?

This was a really important thing, speaking infront of all those prominent people and everyone present there, the media, the people watching the live. He ruined everything. I felt as if I failed so miserably. I wasn't capable of doing this? Wasn't I good enough? Everything is ruined now. What should I do?

I walked to the wash stand clenching onto the edge of wash stand tightly, I stared at myself onto the mirror. Everything is red. Red liquid dripping off my hair, my face red with the red liquid as if I cracked my head somewhere and I'm bleeding so heavily. My white apron and dress drenched red.

I touched my face with my hand and looked at my hand. I whimpered. The red liquid is nothing but blood. Blood! He poured blood on me? I still couldn't believe as my I trembled.

My breaths halted in my chest as I comprehended.

With shaky hands I opened the tap and the water run down. I splashed and splashed water on my face like if not I'm going to take this off me I'm going to get absolutely maniac.

After a moment I was whole wet. My face looked cleaned and my hair was better but my dress still red. I took tissues and wiped my wet face and hair, composing myself. Then with some more tissue I tried to get my dress look better from before.

I composed myself running my hands back on my wet hair. Pulling myself together and I stared at the mirror one last time. "I got to do this. I'll do this. I can do this."

With that I darted out of the washroom heading towards the auditorium where the conference is being held.

I can't let myself down. I can't let anyone down because of me. They gave me this responsibility keeping faith on me. I can't break it. It's not only my reputation, it's the hospital's reputation too. Those muffled laughters rung inside my eyes raising my rage.

He did this only to insult me. I won't let him have the contentment of hurting me anymore, not for something I never did. He can't put me down as he wants, whenever he wants. Not anymore.

I stepped inside with a slight smile on my face and climbed up the stage, making sure the girl who got out a few minutes ago is tucked back down deep inside. Everything will be alright. It will be okay. I can do this.

"Sorry for the inconvenience" I affirmed with a composed face as I looked at the silent audience watching me. I met his eyes, cold as ever, it showed he didn't expect this, didn't expect me to come back.

"It was a mishap. It's just red paint. An unfortunate accident I have no idea about. Extremely sorry for the discomfort" I assured with a gentle smile and some of them nodded in affirmation. "I would like to begin again", they gestered me to start over again and with a calm heart I did it all over again.