72 ~ [Say You Love Me]

AZEZAL POV

She remained stunned in her position at the unexpected proffering. Her face is like she has been completely knocked out. Her eyes still wide open, staring at the gun resting on the table for some moment and then lifted up towards me with that questioning horrified glance.

"Don't worry, you can take your time. Let's have dinner first then you can give your answer." I took her hand in mine, placing a gentle kiss right above her wedding ring made of our birthstones. Her mouth couldn't form a word as I guided her to her seat and took the seat opposite to her. Her eyes glimpsed at the gun sitting on the table between us again.

"So what do you want to eat? I'll cook myself." She lifted her eyes to look at me and I smiled when her eyes hanged onto mine. "Maybe It might be the last time I'll get the chance to cook for you but still its our first dinner in our honeymoon."

Her eyes remained stilled at mine, sparkling with the fairy lights, but she didn't speak a word.

I couldn't stay the fuck away from her when she is staring at me like this. Her gaze has some kind of electromagnetic force which pulls me so hard and it's harder to resist.

"You're so beautiful, Leera." Feelings poured out of me as I tried my best to refrain myself from laying my hands on her right now. The silence persisted and her neutral null expression on her face stayed right on place.

An archaic smile formed my lips disguising the agony and torture I'm mentally suffering watching her like this. "All I want to do is stare at you before I take my last breath but I know your stomach must be growling in hunger so tell me fast what do you want to eat?"

She didn't respond, only stared at my face like a statue who can't move. "Alright. I'll just make something you like. Wait until I finish my cooking. It won't take long." Getting up I went to her side and kissed her forehead to which she didn't give any reaction. Then I went to the small open kitchen that too in the roof which gave a proper view of the table and her from the countertop.

She kept staring at me at a distant with a down hearted face, so much emotions hiding behind those honey brown orbs which shone brighter than anything else in this whole world for me. Removing my blazer, I wore the cooking apron.

The entire time I cooked and flipped the cooked food in a skillet pan, her eyes were settled on me, inert and motionless. I can clearly see her fisted hands, resting on her lap. But her eyes and face softened than before and the thing that didn't go unnoticed was they held warmness watching me.

After almost 20 minutes I was done with my cooking. I plated the food and beautifully decorated our plates with some spaghetti, seared scallops and surf turf steak.

Taking the plates I took steps towards the table. She was still rooted to her place as I placed the plates on the table. The pleasant and delicious smell of cooked food mixed with the air.

Removing the apron, I massaged my palms together and took my seat opposite to hers. Her eyes took the sight of the delicious smelling food set infront of her.
"You didn't tell me what you wanted to eat. So I cooked your favourite spaghetti along with seared scallops and surf turf steak."

A waiter came and served the dish I ordered extra and left. "And this is the most famous dish of greece named Baked Mausakka which isn't cooked by me cause I never tried making this. But you must try this."

A weak smile showed up in her face as her eyes glistened and lowered down instantly. She lifted a fork and moving it on the plate, she silently shoved a mouth full of spaghetti and closed her eyes as she chewed the food inside her mouth. Taking her time she tasted everything I cooked. I was hopelessly smiling and my heart filled with gratification watching her savouring my handmade food with delight.