53 ~ [To My Misfortune]

LEERA POV

The sweet, pleasant smell of pancakes filled my nose and mind with bliss. At first I thought I was possibly dreaming cause who would make me pancakes when I actually live alone? then I realized no it isn't a dream I can actually smell sweet pancakes from my bed.

Mom! Oh god! for a moment i felt relieved again.

I got up from my bed, still barely awoke. I walked out of my bedroom with my eyes almost closed not able to open and adjust them with the surrounding light.

Rubbing my eyes and yawning I called my mother "Mum?"
"Leera? Dear?" I slowly opened my eyes finding myself standing in the dining area. Then my eyes trailed everywhere else around and stopped immediately seeing the most unexpected sight in the morning.

My eyes grew bigger with comprehendence. Am I still dreaming? Or are my eyes delusional now?

I kept staring at him as if i have seen an alien, trying to understand if I'm actually seeing him here. What the hell is the fucking Azezal Pavano doing in my apartment, sitting here on my dinning table?

He looked back at my hazy morning eyes and I kept on wondering if I'm seeing right. Then the intensity of his grey orbs itself clarified I ain't dreaming, I'm wide awake and here's right here sitting in front of me with my family.

My attention went back to my mom who is busy setting pancakes on his plate filled with other different items which looked extra delicious now "What is he doing here??"
My mom giving me dead glances as she approached me and whispered onto my ear dragging me inside with her.
"Look at yourself! How can you come out like this in front of a guest? All messy and disheveled? And how could you say that why is he here in front of him?"

"Mum I just woke up and I had no fucking clue this man is here and what the hell is he doing here" I murmured irritated at her.

"He is a guest dear"
"I don't remember inviting any guest at my place and I don't want strangers here"

"Stanger? He is your neighbour and he said he knows you too and you two are good along" I wanted to laugh hearing her.
"Really? And why is he here?" I folded my arms annoyed.
"Your dad has a good business relation with him. He supported your dad during days of hard and rough. This morning when your dad went down for jogging he met Azezal and invited him over"

"What?" I'm stunned hearing her. My dad knows him? What the real fuck? Even when we were dating I mentioned my dad several times to him and Azezal even saw his pictures and he knew him to well by how much I used to talk about my dad. Azezal never wanted to let anyone know about our relation and that included my own family. Even if my family knew I had a boyfriend, they never got to know who was he because I never told them and that was only cause Azezal restricted me.
That time he said it was because there would be rumours and too much public attention as he is famous and he didn't want that. I agreed onto it too cause I myself didn't want any media or people I don't even know to know about my personal life and get involved in other issues.

But later I knew it wasn't it. He was just using me. Nothing else. Anyway i didn't even suit his level and standard. Why would a rich ass handsome man date me for? Sadly I was so much of an idiot that time to even think the right way.

He knew it is my dad but even after that why is he involved in anything with my dad? That thought angered me.

"He is so well mannered, Leera! Approachable and kind even after he is a very well known person" My mom said again.

"What are you trying to say? Say it up straight" My head buzzed with exasperation now that I already knew what she meant and where is she taking this.

"I'm not trying to mean anything. Just behave well and act yourself. Get dressed and come for breakfast. Everyone is waiting" she kissed my cheek before attempting to leave from my room.