71 ~ [Beginning or End]

LEERA POV

I stared at the night sky as the car kept moving towards a path unknown to me. City lights brightened the night, but the light from the stars and moon brightening the night sky, captured my heart more. It's like I have been in this city long, but couldn't get close enough. So Rome felt unfamiliar to me but the objects shining in the sky were same as always, my long term acquaintances which made me feel known in this yet unfamiliar city.

I asked Azezal for taking me back to New York last night but he didn't say anything about it. So I was confirmed it wasn't happening. I was disheartened about it and tried to avoid him the entire day even at the meals together. And he seemed to be too busy to even bother with it. Great.

Now this evening all of a sudden he called and informed me to pack my luggage and get ready but for what I still don't know. Where are we going? Are we going back to New York? He only said 'You will know' as if attaching a question tag right on my face and inside I'm excited hoping it to be New York.

Now I'm inside the car, with a driver driving me to airport possibly and another car following behind with guards for my so called security and safety. I have always hated living a life like this, caged and trapped.

I tried Levi's number several times today from my new phone as it was already memorised to me but it said his number cannot be reached. After trying a lot of times, I was hopeless. I wanted to talk to him to know his whereabouts and it's been long. I'm remorseful that he went through a lot for me and here am I who couldn't even show her gratitude towards the person who will give his life in hand for me. Maybe he changed his phone number? But a bad feeling lingered on my chest but I tried to ignore my negative thoughts. Once I get to New York, I'll meet him.

The car came to halt and my eyes scanned the surroundings as I was lead outside the car. It's the airport as expected. The guards took my luggage out and lead the way. People were giving me strange glances looking at the black attired men with guns surrounding me as if I'm the president who needs to be surrounded with guards for high security. Finally after we got to the space where there were no more people I felt better. Then they asked me to get inside a plane which appeared to be a private jet. I nodded and got inside as they managed my luggage.

The flight attendant greeted me with a humble smile and said "Sir will be here within a while. Please take your seat ma'am." I gave her a small nod and sat down checking out the internal structures. This doesn't appear to be the same jet I was in last time. Anyway I sat down and asked the flight attendant to give me some water.

"Here is your water ma'am." She handed me a bottle of water. "Thankyou." I replied with a smile. "Ask me, if you need anything else Ma'am." She said and then left.

It's been 10 minutes, I have been sitting here alone. Being bored I started to go through some magazines.

"Missed me, Amore?" I heard his voice from behind me all of a sudden, and all the hairs on my back raised up. I didn't lift my eyes up as he walked infront of me and took his seat right across me.
"Probably had a better time before you arrived so certainly no." I slipped the magazine back inside the side pocket of seat. "You are just too shy to express, sweetheart." I didn't response do that.

Finally lifting my eyes up and gazing at his direction I saw him. Black shirt. Sharp eyes. A small smirk lingering in his lips as he watched me with his mesmerising grey set of eyes as he checked me out. "Beautiful as always." He murmured. Is he complimenting me? Feeling awkward I bit my inner cheek and asked, "Where are you taking me?"

"You will know." He took his phone as it flashed up with a new email.
"I want to know now."
"Patient love, patient." He spared me a glance before going through his phone.
"What's so secretive about that?" I urged again being impatient.