35 ~ [Simmer Down]

AZEZAL POV

"Have those files ready within an hour" I ordered taking a puff of my burning cigarette.
"Okay, Sir" The staff muttered in point and left.

My eyes scanned the busy city through my office cabin window which occupied the space of a whole side wall, as the smoke enchanted my inner self satisfying me. Then I heard a knock on my door and uttered "Come in"

"Yo smoking alone isn't fun" I recognised it was Ethan by his voice, I was still facing the window.
I remained quite. He took a cigarette from my desk, came beside me and lighted it up joining me.

"So how are things going with that blood reapers" I enquired. "Good but not too good" He muttered taking a puff of his cigarette.
"I want them down as soon as possible" I stated straightly.
"You know we are working our best but those hell of a bastards aren't like others. They are pretty strong" He replied
"I want them at my feet. Do everything possible"  I affirmed firmly.

"Yeah they will soon be in our hands" He responded determined. "So You will be moving to California?" He asked
"Hm I need to settle down deals there. I need to stay there for a few months probably but I'll come here in between. You can handle things here in my absence" I uttered taking the last puff of my burning cigarette.

"Hmm.. what about Leera then? You won't let her go that easily right?" He enquired and then I turned to face him. "Let go? Never. Everything is settled. She just needs to play along and she have to do it anyway" it was when a grin appeared in his face too as he watched me.

"Of course if Azezal Pavano is determined to do something he will have his way anyway" He muttered and he knew very well what it meant as he watched the malicious scowl form in my face.

After a business talk Ethan left and my concentration fixated in my work.

My phone beezed up, when I looked at the caller id my mood spoiled seeing it was my dad. No wonder he was my freaking mood spoiler. I picked it up after a few rings.
"What do you want?" I stated knowing he only calls me if he exactly needs me in anything.
"Azezal, I want you to come home this evening" His voice tough as mine.

"Why?" I asked, bored. My eyes were still fixed at my laptop screen.
"For work purpose" He asserted. He knew very well I won't come if it was something else particularly my marriage related stuffs.
"I'll be there" saying that straightly I switched off my phone.

My relation with my dad has always been like this and it got worse after my mom's death. I was in contact with him only for the company. Even if most of everything is under me, he also had claim over it. And my marriage with his friend's fucked up daughter is also for business purpose. Or who gives a fuck about a thing called marriage.

LEERA  POV

Dad left this morning and again I'm alone. But I felt contented after seeing my dad and spending time with him. That was just like a pure blessing for me. He was my healer, whenever I'm with him it just makes everything feel right even if it isn't.

I am not a very great cook. It was Mayra most of the time who cooked lunch and dinner if the maid didn't arrive. I needed to arrange everything and even make breakfast and lunch too now as I had no helping hand today. Finally after lunch I grabbed a book and settled on a corner of my balcony.

I have my shift at library so I thought after that I will visit Aaron as he requested me so much. Moreover I felt really bad for him as he said he hurted his leg. But still there is an agitation in me which is somehow telling me not to go there. Even after that I decided to go only because I didn't want to break that little boy's heart who considered me as a friend, in fact a really dear one.