The Chess Game Begins

You had put the last files of the day in their box with today's date. You set the box on a shelf beside yesterday's, and you looked at the time. The meeting between nations would be over, and you could listen to what they were saying if you went to the front desk and listened to them as they walked out of the building to get to their cars and go to the airport to go back to their nation. You walked out of the big room of files and walked back to the front desk, and waited for the representatives to walk by. When they did, you could hear bits and pieces of their conversation. You could figure out what happened inside the meeting room when everyone walked by and left the building. Of course, they had whispered the information, but your hearing was above average. When Matsuda and Mr. Yagami came by, they stopped at the front desk to talk to you. 

   " This will be interesting. " You said to them.

   " You've already heard everything? " Mr. Yagami asked.

   " Yup, sorry to say but the men who left, don't have the best whispering skills. " You said, which made Mr. Yagami shake his head.

   " So, the famous L has involved himself. And he's pinning the investigation here in Japan, along with the base of operations. I'm impressed by how far he's gotten. " You continued.

   " Yeah, it's strange how all of this is happening. It's a lot to take in. " Matsuda said. 

   " It is, but we need to find this murderer or many others will die. "

   " What do you make of this Y/n? " Mr. Yagami asked.

   " Well, there's not a lot of information on the murderer yet, but from what I've looked at while reading and organizing the files I noticed that they've all died by heart attacks and my theory is that the killer is using the media to get his sources. "

   " Why the media? "

   " Well, there are some killers in those files that haven't been found yet, and there are some that have been and are in jail. When I thought about it I asked myself one question, 'Why have they not killed everyone yet, if they have access to all of the files?' So that takes away the police and agents, leaving only the people. And the people can only get their information from the news and from newspapers. And those who have died have been in this year not previous years where we couldn't find the killer that escaped or are old and still in jail. So, the killer hasn't been doing this for long. "

   " You've thought about all that while we've been in that meeting? " Mr. Yagami asked with a small smile.

   " Hey, someone's gotta continue the train of thought for you two while you have a meeting to get new info. "

   " You'll make a great agent, Y/n. " Mr. Yagami said, patting your shoulder.

   " Thanks, I'm learning. Now you both need to return to your jobs. "

   " Right, why don't you join us, so you don't have to put your ear against the door to hear everything? "

   " Excuse me, I don't do that. And am I even allowed to join in on these meetings? "

   " Yes, you are a part of the team as the assistant and member. You already have theories and know more than most of us, so might as well come with us. " Matsuda said.

   " Thanks. "

You grabbed your laptop from your bag and walked with the two men up to another floor of the building and into a room filled with many others who were talking about the case. You sat down at one of the tables and opened your laptop. You started looking through newspapers, digital articles, and other websites about the killer. You scrolled through multiple websites, and the sun was already starting to set in the sky. You finally found something.