It Is Time to Rest

You felt your body slowly start to wake up, and you blinked your eyes until you sat up.

   ' What time is it? '

You looked over to the clock on the nightstand and saw it was two in the morning. You ran your hands through your tangled hair and stood up from your bed. You stretched and decided to get ready and have a very early start to the morning.

   ' There's a lot of work to be done. I'm starting to sound like Ryuzaki. '

You walked into the bathroom and changed into some comfy clothes before combing your hair and getting ready. You left your room soon after and walked to the elevator. You let the elevator carry you to the usual meeting spot for the Task Force, but you saw one of the small laptop screens on when the doors opened. The big monitor was turned on, and Misa was sleeping peacefully on the other side of the screen.

   ' Oh, yeah. He doesn't sleep barely. This piece of chalk '

You walked into the room and towards Ryuzaki. He was still awake with his laptop turned on and a cup of coffee sitting on the table. Light was asleep beside him, on the desk, and you felt terrible for the guy.

   " Did, you even try to get sleep? " You asked.

    " What are you doing awake at this hour? "

   " I asked first. "

You took a seat beside Ryuzaki, faced him, and laid your head on the desk.

   " I wanted to look into the members of Yotsuba, and I'm not finished yet. "

   " That's a lot of people Ryuzaki. "

   " It is, but I want to mak more progress. "

You felt a yawn climb up your throat, and you let it exit your mouth. You felt exhausted, but you didn't want to leave Ryuzaki alone now.

   " Now, answer my question. "

   " I just woke up, and decided to get an early start, but I'm still tired. "

   " Go, back to your room and sleep. You need to rest. "

   " So do you. Ryuzaki, you more than anyone else here needs to sleep. "

   " I can't. "

   " Why? "

   " Because there is too-"

   " Too much work to be done, I know. But there's something else isn't there? Tell em what it is "

Ryuzaki stopped typing and let his hands rest against the keyboard. He felt a smirk form on his lips, but his natural frown soon replaced it. He looked towards you and spoke. 

   " I'm awake working late because I want to be able to get on the same level as you. "

   " Same level? Ryuzaki you said before, that I am not behind you nor ahead of you. What makes you think I'm ahead? "

   " You've already been able to narrow the list of possible suspects to one, and that is Yotsuba. You could even bring statistics into it, and you could confidently say Kira is in the Yotsuba Group when we had very little to go off of. You even compared the original Kira with this new one. I had not even thought of a new possibility of a new Kira, or even the research behind your theory. I've gotten behind. "

You looked in his eyes, and even though they were blank, you found yourself gazing into them.

   " Well, I appreciate the world's greatest detective telling me that. Looks like I've surpassed you, huh? "