You Are the Fourth Kira

After playing the recording for everyone, Misa brought her phone to her chest.

   " And so, based on what he said, Higuchi is Kira. "

Light walked up to Misa and started talking with her, and you stepped away from the couple to allow them to talk. You already knew Misa had something to reply to LIght's question about how she got Higuchi to confess. Saying it was the cause of love was easy, and Misa knew that. Matsuda, Mr. Yagami, and Mogi talked, but Ryuzaki was sitting in his chair, alone. He never spoke, and he continued to stare at his cup. You knew that he was suspicious and that you were the person who he needed to get a confession out of. You had left many things unsaid, and he knew that a plan was something he needed for when Higuchi was captured. Every day the bells he heard got louder and louder. 

   " Ryuzaki? "

Ryuzaki looked up at you, leaving his thoughts. When he looked at you, he saw the woman he appreciated and loved, but he also saw someone who was hiding secrets from him. And those secrets would be crucial.

   " Yes? "

   " Are you alright? You were starring at your empty mug for a while. "

   " What are you hiding? " He mumbled lowly.

   " Misa, you idiot! Didn't I tell you to deny all that? " Light yelled at Misa.

   " B-But now we know Higuchi is Kira, right? So what's the problem? Can't we just catch him? "

   " I told her to do that Light. "

You stood beside Misa and continued to explain.

   " We came up with the plan together; it wasn't all her fault; I did at least fifty percent. "

Watari entered the room, rolling a tray of carts in front of him. There were many sweets on the cart, and he rolled the cart to stand beside Ryuzaki. As soon as the cart stopped moving, Ryuzaki took one of the chocolate sweets from the cart.

   " I suppose this is what you would call a victory, right? Matsuda? " Ryuzaki asked, setting the macaroon on the table with two others.

   " But right now, we still don't know precisely how he kills his victims, do we. " Light inquired.

   " Yes, that's what I was thinking. Before we move to arrest Higuchi, I want to find out how he kills people. " Ryuzaki said, flicking one macaroon and hitting the others.

   " If the criminals stop dying, we'll be able to figure it out, unless we come up with another idea. Isn't that right? "

   " Yes, at any rate, even if we do arrest Higuchi, we're not going to do it until we're certain that criminals have stopped dying. Let me think about this for a moment. "

It was silent in the room until Ryuzaki stopped fiddling with the desserts and called Wedy from his computer. 

   " Wedy. "

   " Yeah. "

   " An update on the current situation, please. "

   " Everything's going smoothly. We should be able to track seventy percent of their movements using our cameras inside the office building. "

   " What about outside of the office? "

   " That's not going to be possible with just Watari and me. "

   " What if you just focus solely on Higuchi? "

   " Higuchi? I've only been able to enter the houses of five of the men, so far. But Mido, Namikawa, and Higuchi's all have super high-tech security systems. Especially Higuchi. He recently constructed a dampening room that shuts out any electronic waves. It took me two days just to break into the place. "