Sweet Gestures

During school the next day, you had brought your laptop to research everything you knew about Kira and look into your personal notes. Your personal notes never were turned into the Task Force because you wanted to keep your theories to yourself. You would discuss them, but you would never give anyone a physical or electric copy of your notes and theories. Right now, you were sitting on the rooftop researching all of the schools in the region. When L was going to call, you didn't know.

   " Hey, what are you doing up here? "

You looked towards the door to the rooftop and saw Light walk through and approach you. You shut your laptop and turned towards him on the bench you were sitting on.

   " I was just researching some stuff for a last minute assignment. "

   " For work or school? "

   " School, I need to write a paper and I didn't understand the topic fully so I was researching it. " you said hoping that Light would buy the lie.

   " Need any help with it? You know I can help you with your homework if you need me to. "

   " I know but I'm not going to bother the honor student who studies all of the time. I can handle things on my own, you know? "

   " I know, but I'm just saying that I'm here if you want some help. "

   " Maybe next time. I was almost finished and I could use a break anyway. I didn't think you would come looking for me. "

   " It was strange to not see you in the lunchroom and I don't really desire to eat with anyone else. "

   " So, basically I don't swoon over you and I don't ask your for the answers on homework. Got it. "

   " It's not just that stuff. You're my friend and I appreciate you very much, Y/n. "

You smiled slightly and faced the same way you were originally before Light came closer. Light sat beside you and looked in the same direction you were looking. Light pulled out his lunch, and upon further inspection, he saw that you didn't have anything to eat, so he ate half and handed you the other half of his food. 

   " No, thank you. It's your lunch. "

   " Go ahead, I don't mind. It looks like you didn't bring anything today so take it. "

   "I thought I was the one who was supposed to be caring about your health. Not the other way around. "

   " Well, sometimes the tables need to be turned around. "

   " How noble and sweet of you. Wow, is Light Yagami really going to give me his lunch? I think I might pass out from the gesture. " You teased.

   " If you're going to act like that I'll just take it back and eat the rest. "

   " I'm kidding, I'm kidding. " You said with a smile and light tone.

You took the food from Light and finished up the other half of his food. It was really good, and you were somewhat glad that you didn't bring lunch because his mom makes the best food.

   " Did you see the interruption on the TV yesterday? " Light asked.

   " Yeah, I did. It was crazy to think all of that happened in front of my eyes. I couldn't believe that it actually happened. But what I'm curious about is how Kira can kill people. He never made an appearance on the screen, or use any type of weapon. He simply just killed the person on screen without having to be there. "

   " I know it's crazy. I was at home and when it came on, I couldn't believe what happened. Especially when L came on the screen, I was impressed with everything he said and how he came to the conclusion that Kira was here, in the Kento Region in Japan. "