A Copycat

Watari opened the door, and Mr. Yagami put his arm over Watari's shoulder. You walked into the suite after him with the blanket still wrapped around you.

   " Chief Yagami! Y/N! "

   " Welcome back, chief, Y/n. " Ryuzaki said, standing from his chair.

You stood beside Watari and Mr. Yagami, not saying anything. You kept the blanket tightly wrapped around you, still not feeling safe. You could still see Ukita lying on the ground.

   " I apologize for taking matters into my own hands. I have to admit, I got a little bit carried away. "

   " No. " Ryuzaki said with a soft voice that could barely be heard.

   " Yeah. These are all of the tapes and an envelope. Everything Kira sent to the station is in here. " Mr. Yagami said, raising the bag in his hand.

   " I can't thank you enough. " 

Ryuzaki took the bag from him, and Watari guided Mr. Yagami to one of the couches in the room. You walked to one of the single-seater couches and just stared at the floor. Matsuda walked over to you, not feeling comfortable with how stiff you were acting. He knew that what you just went through was traumatizing, but he hated seeing you so vulnerable. Of course, working in the police department, they would see death, but you were spared from that since you were not an officer. You were only the desk attendant, and you had never experienced a death right in front of you as they all had. Matsuda put his hand on your shoulder, but you didn't look up at him. You stayed still.

   " Mr. Aizawa. Can you please take this to the crime lab right away? " Ryuzaki asked Aizawa.

   " I still have a couple of friends down there. I'll make sure they go over every inch of this. "

   " That's good . Please, do so. While you're doing that I'm going to watch these tapes to see if they can tell us anything. Mr. Matsuda Prepare the first set of tapes. "

   " On it. "

Matsuda walked away from you and looked through the tapes to see which one should go in first. While Mr. Yagami was resting, Aizawa going to the lab, and Matsuda preparing the tapes, Ryuzaki was left to glance your way. Ryuzaki walked towards you, his footsteps light as a feather.

   " Y/n. "

You didn't look up at him or make any sign that you were listening. Ryuzaki crouched in front of you and placed one of his hands on your right knee.

   " Y/n look at me. "

Slowly your eyes connected with his. Ryuzaki didn't like how stiff you were or how broken your eyes looked. 

   " I'm sorry. "

You didn't say anything to him, and Ryuzaki didn't know if he should leave you by yourself to think and sort your thoughts or to stay with you and watch the tapes together. He wasn't the best with social interaction, and in this case, he couldn't decide whether to stay with you or watch the tapes. Ryuzaki felt his body stiffen slightly, feeling your forehead pressed on his shoulder. You leaned down and placed your forehead on his shoulder, finding some comfort in being close to him.

   " Thank you, Ryuzaki. "

Ryuzaki raised his free hand and patted your back. You slowly pulled away and walked towards the TV where Matsuda had put the first tape in and waited for Ryuzaki.

   " I won't be sleeping anytime soon, so let's get something done and watch the tapes. "

   " Yes, let's, but are you feeling up to it? You did just witness your comrades death in front of your very own eyes. "