Which Side is the Pawn on

" So, what did you buy at the store? " You asked Light walking beside him to his house.

Light had a bag in his right hand as you both walked, and you couldn't see inside, but it looked like a magazine. Light didn't tell you what he bought at the store over the phone or even when he showed up at your apartment. You just wanted to know out of curiosity.

   " Just a magazine. Nothing special. "

   " If it's nothing special then why did you have to run to the store and get it? And why did your voice sound like it was urgent on the phone? "

   " Because it's the last edition of the week, and I wanted to get it before they restocked. "

   " Uhuh. How's Sayu and your mom? "

   " They're doing good. I told mom you would be coming over and she's excited to see you. "

   " I'm excited to eat some of your moms food. Her home cooked meals are great. "

You arrived at Light's house, and he unlocked the door and opened it, letting you go in first. You thanked him and walked inside. You were greeted by Mrs. Yagami and Light's little sister, Sayu. You smiled and talked to them while you took your shoes off. 

   " We'll be upstairs mom if you need anything. " Light said, standing on the stairs. 

   " Alright! Let me know if either of you want snacks or something to drink. " His mom said cheerfully. 

   " Thank you, Mrs. Yagami. " You said, following Light upstairs. 

When Light opened the door, you noticed that a piece of white paper fell out of one of the hinges. Light picked it up and walked into his room, waiting for you to enter.

   " Why are you so cautious You put that slip of paper between the door hinges so that way when you get home it will show if someone's been in your room. Right? "

   " Right. I just don't like people coming into my room and going through my things. Even if it's my mom. Sayu is the real reason I put this paper there. SHe usually likes to come in and snoop around my room. " Light lied.

   " Well, that's understandable I guess. "

   " Why are you so suspicious of me? " Light asked, taking a seat on his bed. 

   " Huh? "

   " You've been asking me a lot of questions lately. Like what I do with my time, what I bought at the store, why I bought a magazine, and now why I put that slip of paper in the door. What's got you so cautious of me, Y/n? "

You looked into Light's brown eyes, and you couldn't read them. You didn't know what he was thinking, and it was then that you realized that you were treating him like you were an investigator. You sighed and sat beside Light on the bed, but you let your back hit the bed. Your eyes focused on the ceiling as you prepared what you were going to say. You knew that you couldn't give away any classified information, and you didn't want to offend Light by saying you suspected he was Kira. 

   " It's just work. "

   " The Kira investigation? You know you still have reason to leave the investigation. It's not there's anything keeping you there. And you're tired more often then usual, meaning you've been working late night shifts and you haven't been in your best health. You're also cautious around everyone no matter who they are. "

   ' Yeah, I can defiantly leave now that I've seen Ryuzaki's face. That's totally possible. ' You thought sarcastically.

   " You know I can't. "