Caring For You

" Several of our member countries have weighed in and it seems they're in favor of having the real L appear on TV. " Mr. Yagami said, sitting down.

Ryuzaki took a long sip of his coffee before responding to Mr. Yagami said.

   " I think that's the most appropriate choice given the options. Well, we still have three days before it happens. Maybe we can find some countermeasure. After all this, it would really annoy me. . ."

Ryuzaki took his fork, took a piece of his cake, and ate it. He didn't care about manners as he talked with the cake in his mouth.

   ". . .if I'm killed by the first person who jumped on the Kira bandwagon. "

   " Ryuzaki, what do you mean by that? " Mr. Yagami asked.

   " Y/n and I discussed this earlier before she left to go to her apartment. There's a strong possibility that this Kira is a fake. No, we should think of him more as a second Kira. "

   " A second Kira? "

   " I--I don't understand. Why do you think there's a copycat? How did you come to that conclusion?  " Aizawa asked, looking between you and Ryuzaki.

   " I looked at the victims he used as predictions on tape number one. Their purpose was to prove to Sakura TV staff he is Kira. Both their names were only reported in tabloids and daytime talk shows, so they weren't exactly hardened criminals. The real Kira has no need to prove himself using such insignificant criminals. But from the perspective of the second Kira. . .He'd wanna make absolutely certain that he didn't predict the death of a criminal who could be killed by the real Kira first. "

   " What about you Y/n? "

   " I simply just thought about what Kira would do. And everything that happened on those tapes is something Kira wouldn't do. There were plenty of red flags, and I could tell that it wasn't Kira. Some of it went against his god-like complex. " You responded, stealing Ryuzaki's strawberry before he could eat it.

Ryuzaki looked from his plate to you, and you shrugged your shoulders.

   " Sorry, not sorry. "

   " Ryuzaki, if you had to put a number on it, what's the probability of a second Kira? "

   " This time, I'd say it's more than seventy percent. I really don't like the way he operates. As, Y/n's said, it's not like Kira. "

   " Not like him? " Matsuda questioned.

   " In the past, Kira has avoided killing innocent people, with the exception of those who were trying to catch him. But if we can catch one Kira, I think it will give us a lot of insight into how we can find the other one. Mr. Yagami, I'd like your permission to ask your son to cooperate with us in this investigation? "

   " If you want my son to join the task force does this mean you no longer suspect him? "

   " Well, I can't say that he's been completely cleared,  but his deductive abilities would be invaluable to us right now.  "

   " If my son wants to cooperate with you, then I have no reason to prevent it.  "

   " I appreciate that. However, please odn't tell him that we think this latest Kira might be a fake. I don't want him to know that yet. We want to make it appear to him that we're still chasing the same Kira. " Ryuzaki said with his thumb on his lips and a slight smile on his lips. 

   " I'll call Light and talk to him. " Mr. Yagami said, standing up and leaving the room. 

Aizawa ran his hand over this face before standing up and walking to some of the files in the room. Matsuda leaned back in the chair, feeling stressed from the situation. Meanwhile,  Ryuzaki took his fork and poked your arm. You looked over to him and raised your eyebrow at him. 

   " You took my strawberry.  "

   " I was hungry. "

   " You didn't eat before coming back here? "

   " No, I was more worried about getting a shower and getting back here.  "

Ryuzaki sighed before asking Watari to make something for everyone and get him another piece of cake. Watari complied and walked to the kitchen to get some food.

   " During this investigation will I have to take care of you? "

   " I should be asking you that. You barely get any sleep, all you eat are sweets, and you drink too much coffee to not get heartburn. "

   " Yes, but I am used to these conditions. You are not. "

   " And? "

   " I do not mind taking care of you but please do try and take care of yourself. I will not always be here to care for you. "

   " That's very sweet of you, Ryuzaki, but right now I just want to get this investigation over with, before I see anyone else die. "

Ryuzaki set his fork on his plate as Watari brought him another plate of cake and a plate of food for you, Matsuda, Aizawa, and Mr. Yagami when he came back. Ryuzaki started to eat the new piece of cake, and you took a bite of food, loving Watati's cooking. Ryuzaki stabbed his strawberry with his fork and held the fork up to your mouth. 

   " I will take care of you. I will try to always be here for you if you ever need anything. Come to me for anything you need, and I will comfort you the best I can. " He said softly.

You felt your face turn a shade of red as you ate the strawberry off of his fork.