The Original Confession

You woke up, hearing your phone vibrate and music play through the air. You sat up on your bed and rubbed your eyes. Looking at your phone, you saw that someone was calling you. You answered the call as you stood up out of your bed.

   " Good morning Light. "

   " Morning, Y/n. I wanted to call and check on you. My father informed me that you would be taking a break from the Kira Investigation. "

   " I'm doing fine. It feels weird, not getting ready to get to work, though. "

   " Since you have a break, would you mind if I visit? "

   ' Isn't he the prime suspect? Shouldn't someone be watching him or getting ready to investigate him? '

   " I don't know Light. I don't think that's a good idea. "

   ' He's Kira, and if he knows that Misa has been apprehended and interrogated it won't be good for me if he's here. He could threaten to take my life if I don't tell him certain information or--'

   " It's really important. I promise I won't take up too much of your time if you're ill. "

   ' He does know where I live, and if I say no now, he'll think I'm avoiding him and it won't look good. '

   " Fine. "

   " Thanks, I'll be there in a few minutes. "

   " Alright, bye. "

You hung up the phone and walked back into your room, grabbing some fresh clothes to change into. You went into your bathroom and showered, and you changed into your new clothes. You stepped out of the shower and walked into your kitchen. You started rummaging around your fridge and cabinets until you settled on something small to eat for breakfast. You took a seat on your couch and turned the TV on, watching the news. The news was littered with information about Kira and the Second Kira, and you listened, taking all of the information in. Soon someone knocked on your door, and you went to answer it. You pulled the door open and appeared into the hallway. Light stood in front of you with a slight smile on his lips. 

   " Hey, Light. Come in. "

   " Thanks. "

You opened the door more, and he stepped inside. Your hand unintentionally touched the necklace you were wearing, ready to press the pendant and call for help.

   " It must be nice to have gotten enough sleep for once. "

   " Yeah, I enjoyed waking up this morning with a call from the one and only lightbulb. "

   " I woke you? "

   " You did, but don't sweat it. I'll get you back for it. "

   " I'm so afraid. " He teased.

   " You should be. You don't know what I'm capable of doing to you. "

   "I do. " Light said, continuing to tease you.

He took a seat on your sofa and smiled up at you. He set his shoulder bag beside him, pressing the bag against the cushions of the couch and his thigh.

   " You've pranked me many times when we were kids. I think I know all of your tricks by now. "

   " I don't think you do. "

You walked over to the couch and sat down. You sat at one corner of the sofa while Light sat at the other, feeling anxious about what he was planning to do. He hid his anxiety well, and you couldn't tell. You relaxed against the couch, and your hand stopped fiddling with your necklace.