An Awful Date

" Oh, come on Ryuzaki! Not even for an hour!? "

   " No. "

   " What about a couple of minutes? "

   " No. "

   " How about-"

   " Misa Amane, I am not going to unlock these cuffs no matter what. I said 24/7. "

You stepped out of the elevator, hearing Misa and Ryuzaki arguing. You walked further into the room and saw Light and Ryuzaki sitting in from of a giant monitor with Misa standing in-between them. Mr. Yagami and Matsuda were sitting in front of another set of monitors. 

The Task Force had moved from hotels to a building of their own. The colossal building Ryuzaki had planned for was finished three days after he showed you and the Task Force an image of it. During that time, you packed up your stuff from your apartment and handed in your key to the lady at the front desk. You now stayed on the floor above Misa's inside the Task Force headquarters.

   " Hey, guys what's going on? "

You walked towards the trio and pulled a chair from underneath the large desk connected to the wall. You sat down in the chair and pulled one of the laptops closer. You plugged in your flash drive of saved personal information from the case and started looking through everything from the very beginning up until now.

   " Misa wants to go on a date with Light alone, but of course, these chains are connecting us. So it will have to be the three of us, Misa. " Ryuzaki said, never looking away from his laptop.

   " Oh, come on! I have tea and cake prepared upstairs for our date. Can't you just let Light go this once? " Misa begged.

   " No, I can't, but since you've mentioned there's cake I will leave my work and join you on your date. Come let's go Light. "

Ryuzaki stood up from the chair and started walking towards the elevator. Without resisting, Light stood up and followed Ryuzaki. Misa looked gloomy as she followed them to the elevator. You stayed in your seat as the door closed on them.

   " You're not going to go with them, Y/n? " Matsuda asked.

   " No, I think I'll let them go. Plus I want to look through my notes, from before and get my mind in the zone. "

   " Alright then. " Matsuda said with a chuckle.

Mr. Yagami filled up the feed from Misa's room, and the two members started to watch the date as the three walked into Misa's room. You looked down at your notes and started to read them.

   ' At first, it was a student in high school, with above-average grades, and popular among his peers, but not so much where they would suspect any of his actions to be weird or not normal. Sounds, like Light in high school, but now I can't look at these notes for clues anymore. All of these notes would apply to Kira and the Second Kira, but now both Kira's have no memory of ever using it. In fact, Misa's shinigami has followed LIght's orders and handed the notebook off to someone else. So, this is a new Kira. '

You went into your flash drive files and created a new file. You named it 'NH' for 'New Holder.' You didn't want to call it anything like 'The New Kira' because when you opened the flash drive, you didn't want any chance of someone glancing over your shoulder and looking at it. The name you had written was the best you could come up with. This file, you planned, would be about the new holder of the Death Note, and any information you could get on them would go here.

   ' We are back to square one. But that's fine. We'll figure this out.'

You started looking through the recent deaths and typed them down in your file. You worked until the elevator doors opened, revealing Aizawa walking into the building without his pants on. You turned around and greeted him but questioned why he didn't have any pants on.