Kira Joins the Kira Task Force

From the Yagami household, you walked with Light to Ryuzaki's hotel. Light had agreed to help Ryuzaki with the case, and he would be joining the task force today. 

   " Now, you can't tell me to quit because you're now working on the task force. " You said to Light as you entered the hotel.

   " You're right I can't. But why did Ryuzaki want to meet us at night? "

   " Don't ask me. Everyone works through the day, and then I always come when I'm done with my classes. Usually I'm here until midnight, but some days it's one in the morning. "

   " That's not good you know. "

   " Yeah, well, it's nothing. I'll live. "

You both entered the elevator, and it took you to the floor you needed to be on. Light followed you out of the elevator, and you walked straight towards Ryuzaki's door. You entered the suite with Light behind you. You closed the door and locked it, realizing that everyone was there and no one else would be coming into the suite.

   " Thank you, Light. "

   " Not at all. "

You turned around and saw Light and Ryuzaki shake hands before letting go.

   " After all, I want to catch Kira as much as you do, Ryuga. "

   " I'll have to ask that you call me 'Ryuzaki' here. "

   " Huh? "

   " I'm Matsui. "

   " I'm Aihara. "

   " And I'm Asahi. "

   " I'm Izumi Yuka when off school grounds, but when in the grounds I use my normal name. " You said beside lIght.

   " Yes, of course. Then, perhaps I should call myself 'Light Asahi?' "

   " Yes, please do. To keep things simple from his point on, I'll call you 'Light.' Okay, let's get down to work. You can start by looking over all the information we've collected. I'd also like you to examine these videos. They were sent to the TV station but were never aired. "

Ryuzaki walked Light to the TV in the room and stood beside the chair as Light sat down in it. You didn't follow them over to the TV, knowing that you would be needed with the other members, looking at the papers Ryuzaki had printed and the books Watari had brought him. You picked up a thick red book sitting on a stack of papers and sat down in a chair at a small table, opening the book.

   " For security reasons, you're not permitted to take notes, and all materials must remain here. "

   " I understand. "

   " We will begin now. "

Everyone watched Light, but your eyes were focused on the book you were reading. You were looking through the notes Ryuzaki made in the book while making a few of your own underneath his in a different colored pen. After a couple of hours, Ryuzaki finally asked Light,

   " So, what do you make of this, Light? Have you come to any conclusions? "

   " It's hard to say for sure but there might be another person out there with Kira's power. " Light said, standing up.

Your eyes left the book and now looked towards Light as he faced Ryuzaki.

   " With Kira's power? But what do you mean by that, Light? " Mr. Yagami asked.

   " At the very least, I'd say this tape was not created by the Kira we're familiar with. It's extremely out of character for him to use these kinds of victims for his killings. And since we're established that he needs a name and a face to kill, it makes you wonder how he was able to kill that detective and those two officers right outside the television station like that. "