Something Unseeable

You were slightly in a daze when you went to work the next day. What happened late the other night still was in your thoughts.

(Flashback)

Light didn't wish you goodnight; instead, he moved closer and caressed the sides of your face with his hands. He placed his lips on yours before you could ask what was going on. His eyes shut as he kissed you, but yours remained open, shocked at what was happening. Light's lips felt warm and soft against your own, but the kiss wasn't a long one. Light pulled away with the small sound of your lips disconnecting, filling the air around you.

   " That's what I was thinking about, Y/n. Goodnight, and sleep tight. I'll see you later. "

(Flashback Over)

   ' I don't know what to think, but I need to focus. '

You shook your head a little and started to focus back on the conversation. Mr. Yagami was still in the hospital, so it was odd not having him there directing everyone; instead, it was Ryuzaki.

   " Regarding Naomi Misora's disappearance, shouldn't we open an investigation into this matter? " Ukita asked.

   " If we do, it should be coordinated separately from the Kira case. Also, we'll have to use police sketches instead of actual photos. " Ryuzaki replied.

   " We're talking about someone who's been missing for four months already. Chances are she's probably dead. " Aizawa stated.

   " If that's true then why haven't we found her body yet? If we found her body it would provide us with some physical evidence. " You said, setting the papers you held in your hand on the table.

   " Ryuzaki. " Watari spoke urgently, walking into the room.

   " Hm? "

   " Something seems to be happening on Sakura TV. "

Ryuzaki grabbed the remote and turned the TV on, and changed it to the Sakura TV station. The sun outside was starting to set, causing darkness to fill the room, and the light of the TV blinded everyone for a moment. On the live news station, there were three anchors with Kira's symbol above them.

   " --all of the reporters and staff here are Kira's hostages. Aside from that, we have a professional obligation to share this message with you. I assure you that this is not a hoax. And that Sakura TV is not airing this tape for the purpose of sensationalism. "

   " Kira's never taken hostages. Why would he take hostages now, let alone people who are innocent. " You mumbled to yourself.

Everyone gathered around Ryuzaki's couch as they looked at the TV. Ryuzaki was starring at the TV with the remote placed on the table. He was taking every word in.

   " Four days ago, our program director here at Sakura TV, received four tapes. After a thorough examination, there can be no doubt that they're from Kira himself. The first tape we received contained a prediction regarding the time of death of two suspected criminals who recently have been arrested. And as predicted, at the exact time that Kira had specified, both men died suddenly of heart attacks yesterday. Kira has instructed us to air the second tape today at exactly 5:59 PM. And we do intend to comply with his demands. This tape should offer proof of his powers by predicting yet another death. Beyond that, we understand that it contains a message to all the people of the world from Kira. "

   " This has to be another fake, don't you think? " Aizawa asked, staring wide-eyed at the screen.

   " I doubt it. I'm pretty sure Sakura TV wouldn't stoop that low. " Matsuda replied.