Taking a Break

After eating at the cafeteria, you and Ryuzaki rode back to the hotel where he was staying. You walked inside and rode the elevator up, not saying a word between you two. It wasn't an awkward silence, but it was a comfortable silence. When the elevator doors opened, Ryuzaki led you to his room, and upon entering, the task force was standing in the living room waiting for him. He walked to the couch and sat down with his laptop and voice changer in front of him.

   " Watari, has she said anything yet? "

   " No, she hasn't spoken a word. "

   " Get me a visual of her, will you? "

   " Are you sure? "

   " Yes, and quickly. "

The screen was turned on, and the sight on the screen created goosebumps on your skin. Misa was restricted any movement, and she was pinned to a vertical table. The clothes she wore earlier were gone, and there was a long straitjacket that was wrapped around her body, from the top of her shoulders to her lower thigh. The straps wrapped around her body and between her legs, with metal clasps around her ankles. There was a metal piece that covered her eyes, and she couldn't turn her head. Her breathing was ragged, and she shook in fear.

   " Ryuzaki! What's the meaning of this? " Mogi yelled.

   " I've apprehended her on suspicion of being the Second Kira. I'm afraid this is necessary. "

   ' But it's. . .it looks inhumane. '

   " Chances are Amane is guilty. There seems to be enough evidence to convict her, but all the same. . ." 

Mr. Yagami trailed off, and he didn't try to finish his sentence as his eyes were on the laptop screen.

   " Yes, there can be no mistake. Now we need a confession out of her. We need to know how she kills, whether she knows Kira. . .and, if so, who he really is. Watari, take necessary precautions, but beyond that, you're free to do whatever has to be done, okay? Just make her speak. "

   " Very well. "

   " Oh, and Mr. Yagami? "

   " Huh? "

   " Light has now become our prime suspect and I'm probably gonna bring him in for interrogation as well. Please, be prepared for that. "

The sight of Misa unsettled you, and you felt a shiver travel up your spine. With Light being interrogated next, you didn't feel comfortable being there. Nevertheless, you knew you had to stay until she confessed, and you were glad you had a break from school to stay. That night the entire task force, excluding Light, stayed at the hotel and waited for a confession. For three days, she never said a word, and Watari was doing as Ryuzaki asked, getting a confession by any means possible. You didn't know exactly what he was doing, but you didn't want to know. But finally, she decided to speak.

   " Ryuzaki, Amane is talking. "

   " Huh? Quickly, get me a visual and audio! "

Ryuzaki stood up from his chair and ran towards the sofa sitting in front of the TV. He jumped and landed on his side on the cushions. You walked over to the couch and watched him sit up and watch the screen. He sat directly in the middle of the sofa with everyone behind him. You sat beside him, but when the screen turned on, you looked down to the couch, not having the heart to look at Misa. She was still whimpering.

   " I can't take it anymore. "

Her voice was soft, and the tone had no expression or emotion. She didn't sound bubbly like when you officially met her at the university. She didn't even sound alive.