Heartache and Healing

For once, you felt uncomfortable in the Yagami house. You shifted a little on the couch until you finally decided to stand up and leave.

   " Y/n? "

   " Mrs. Yagami I think I'll head back. I don't have any clothes to wear in the morning and I don't have anything with me. I'll stay over another night. "

Your lie was easy, and it slipped off your tongue with ease. You didn't want to stay over another night out of respect for Light's girlfriend. You also didn't want to talk to Light, knowing he had been playing you, and you wanted to think things through.

   " Oh, alright. Let me go tell Light. I know he'll want to say goodbye to you. "

   " Don't worry about it. I'll see him later. I wouldn't want to interrupt his time with his girlfriend. "

   " Alright. Be safe dear. "

   " Thank you Mrs. Yagami. "

You bowed to her and Sayu, leaving the house. You wanted to get away from the home as quickly as possible, so you ran. The sky was clear, and the moon was shining brightly down on you as you ran through the streets. You felt tears prick your eyes, but you didn't let them fall; you just kept running. You stopped running when you felt your lungs burning, and you leaned your hands on your knees, taking deep breaths. 

   ' Was all of that a lie? How he treated me, and. . .and. . .was he just playing me? Using me? If he's Kira was he doing it because I'm working with L on the Kira investigation and he wanted to get closer to get L's name? Did Light, the entire time never think of me as more than a pawn? '

There were a lot of thoughts running through your head, and you were starting to get a headache from them. You stood up and continued to walk through the streets. There weren't many people out, but just enough were you felt slightly safe. You walked into your apartment building and went to your floor. You entered your room and felt alone in the darkness. You didn't make a move to turn the lights on. Instead, you walked to your room and sat on your bed. The tears that you had been holding back started falling against your will. You wiped them away, but more came. You didn't want to call anyone and tell them what happened. You wanted someone to call and check on you, but you didn't have the heart to call someone. If there was any appetite before, there certainly wasn't one now. It was quiet in your room, besides the cars in the streets below, but the noise didn't bother you anymore. You wiped your tears away for the last time and stood up from your bed. You walked to the kitchen to find something to drink. Your phone rang as you stepped into the kitchen. You looked at the caller and saw Light's name pop up. You didn't pick up his call, and you let it ring. Once the ringing stopped, it started again, but this was a random caller.

   " Hello? "

   " Ms. Y/n. Are you home? "

   " I am. Why? What happened Watari? "

   " I was driving by, and I some a young lady running through the streets. She looked like you for a moment. "

   " That was me. "

   " Are you alright? "

   " No, note really. "

   " I know he may not be the best with emotions, but why don't you visit Ryuzaki? "

   " Didn't he switch hotels? "

   " Yes, he has already relocated. I will come and pick you up to take you to his location. "

   " You don't have to Watari. "

   " It would be my pleasure. I will arrive in five minutes. "